Search for content in message boards

MacIsaac/MacPherson search

MacIsaac/MacPherson search

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 6:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandmother Catherine Jane MacIsaac and great grandfather John "Browne" MacIsaac. I discovered John "Brown" immigrated with his family at the age of 8 from Moidart, Scotland. They would have been born around the 1860's. They lived in Giant's Lake, Guysborough County, NS. I know my grandmother (their daughter) spoke Gaelic, so I know that they would have too. I can't get any information on them. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: MacIsaac/MacPherson search

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 2:51PM GMT
I found the following . .
1891 Census Ant - St Andrews Fam. 184, P. 40
John 47, Catherine 37, Mary Ann 7, William Hugh 7, Annie 5, Archibald 3, Maggie Jane 1
They were married: January 23, 1872 at St. Andrew's Church
s/o Donald & Catherine McIsaac
d/o Donald & Jane McPherson
All of Giant's Lake
NS Vital Statistics (1872-1803-35-6)
If I can be of further help, contact me off list.
Marleen

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: MacIsaac
I have an Allan MacIsaac born December 18, 1913. He was brought up at Giant's Lake. m: 1941 to Ann (Nan) MacDonald
died September 14, 1978. I don't have any parents for Allan.

Posted: 7 Jan 2010 2:58AM GMT
marlenehubley1

Marlene,

I can't thank you enough for this information! I tried, but for the life of me, couldn't find these Census documents. I cannot contact you off-list as I don't have your email. As you can see, I can't even manage to send a message to you personally on this board. I'll try again. I would like to know their parents names and dates of birth/death and their siblings.
Maureen

Posted: 7 Jan 2010 12:38PM GMT
Many people are not aware of all the material available online. All the links below are free. Some are more easily searchable than others but all are quite user-friendly. Be creative with your searches. I once spen weeks trying to find a "Lemual" only to find out that he had been transcribed as "Samual" An easy enough error when you look at the condition of some of the old documents and the often illegible writing.
Nova Scotia Vital stats
www.novascotiagenealogy.ca

1881 Canadian Census
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?P...

1891 Canadian Census
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1891/ind...

1901 and 1911 Canadian Census
www.automatedgenealogy.ca

The Nova Scotia GenWeb page has a different site for each county with an enormous amount of information that has been contributed by indivduals. Its found at
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~canns/
Just scroll down and choose a county

If you have trouble accessing any of the above sites, let me know

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 12:34AM GMT
hi
i am from Giant's Lake and have been working on genealogy for years. JOHN "Brown" Macisaac and my great grandfather were brothers. I have the MacIsaacs traced back to scotland in 1843. How much information do you have? I am not sure what is the best way to share this information. John's sons died young and it was only the daughters who married and had familys..The daughters moved to Cape Breton.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 2:17AM GMT
please contact me... i am from the same line...john"brown" and my great grandfather were brothers... I have the name of other family members and also village they lived in Scotland

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 2:24AM GMT
parents of Allen were Ronald MacIsaac, son of Duncan and Margaret macGillivray and Jane MacPherson... I am sure i also have her parents here somewhere...nfmacisaac@hotmail.com

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 3:09AM GMT
WOW. This is wonderful. Unfortunately, I have not done any genealogy for months due to head injuries incurred. I am just getting back to it and this is wonderful news!!!! Finally I have some "roots" on this side of my family. Please note my new email. I left my ex-abusive husband and he was taking emails and removing them from my former account and so I set up a new account.
Can't wait to hear from you again!
Marine

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 2:56AM GMT
Marlene,

Thanks so much for this wealth of information! Please note my changed email: marineleblanc@gmail.com
Talk to you soon,
Marine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic