Search for content in message boards

Morrison, Bartholomew and Ellen

Morrison, Bartholomew and Ellen

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morrison, Linnet, Eckberg
Hi!
I am researching my family tree. My father was Clarence Eckberg born 1/17/1927 Oconto, WI, his mother was Mary Catherine Morrison born 7/14/1895, in Kinkora Canada. Her father was James Morrison born 12-24-1850 in Kinkora, Ellice Township, Perth Cty Ontario Canada.

I was hoping to fill in some of the blanks...
I wanted to find out where James Morrison's parents, Bartholomew and Ellen(Linnet) Morrison came from in Ireland.

Re: Morrison, Bartholomew and Ellen

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 9:18PM GMT
Bartholomew's death registration just says that he was born Ireland. Died 8 Jun 1877 of unknown causes [suddenly], Informant: Thomas Morrison [his mark], Ellice, Perth County, Registration # 017854.

Didn't find a death rego for Mary.

1871 census just says Ireland.

Posted: 9 Nov 2007 2:25AM GMT
See this posting from 2001 - maybe this person has found out.
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/IRL-CARLOW/2001-03/0985...

Posted: 9 Nov 2007 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Morrison, Linnet
Thanks for the info.

Posted: 9 Nov 2007 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morrison, Linnet
Thanks, I will contact them.

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Morrison
Hi: I am a gggrand daughter of Ellen and have visited her home in Kinkora. I can help you if you write to me....thanks Pat Martin

Posted: 13 Dec 2009 5:16AM GMT
Surnames: Morrison Lynett
I would love to compare notes with you. I have in the last year met via the internet another cousin, Pat Maierhofer. She has been to Kinkora as well. She has a great deal more information, but has no birth info on Bartholomew and Ellen. According to her notes and what I was able find on the census records my ggrandfather was one of sixteen. My ggrandfather was James Morrison. Gggrandmother Ellen(Lynett) Morrison came with James to the United States in 1913 and lived with him and his family in Oconto County(Imigration papers.)Several of his brothers were already here in Wisconsin.
I have not been to Canada and would love to know more about Kinkora.
Because of Irish naming traditions it is a little confusing to keep the generations correct. Peggy said that many of the families would name their Children in order so everyone of the families would end up with a James and Thomas or Bridget in each generation.
Please let me know if I can help. I have only my family on Ancestry, but have more on the Morrison family in books.
The back of this picture said that it was taken in Kinkora.It is of Ellen Morrison, Mrs James Catherine Morrison and their daughters, Ellen, Mary Catherine, Anne. The others are neighbors.
Peggy also sent me a picture of the cemetry stone for the Morrison family in Canada.
Any information you have would be helpful.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 9:57AM GMT
Thank you for your reply and wonderful photograph. How lucky are we to be able to exchange information via Ancestry? Kinkora is a small community about 50 minutes from where I live. I live in Goderich, Ontario, Canada. If you get your Canadian map out, Stratford, Ontario or Mitchell, Ontario are the closest communities. I have pictures of the church and grave yard. My husband and I attended Mass at the beautifully renovated church on November 8th, 2009. The community was begun by the Irish and now is 70% Dutch immigrants who are keeping the community prosperous. You are in good company with Peggy. She knows more than I because we correspond. I would be happy to send you pictures of the church and graveyard, but I don't know how to do it in on Ancestry. Could you help me to do this or if you send your email address to pattimartin@sympatico.ca, I can send them on. Glad to exchange anything I can. Annie Morrison (1845-1929) is my Great grandmother, James' (1847-?) sister, and Ellen is my 2nd ggrandmother. Ellen (1824-1911) was married to Bartholomew (1807-1871) We are third cousins.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 7:25PM GMT
Hi Pat. Regarding the Morrisons. My great, great grandmother is Ann Morrison. She married a James Murphy and their eldest daughter was Ellen Murphy (1870-1957?). Ellen married J.Philip Rowe of and they moved to Detroit Mi. Would love to learn more about this family. My email is timothybcarr@gmail.com. I see you live in Goderich. Each year we go camping about 45 minutues north of there. Beautiful area. Thanks, Tim Carr
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions