Search for content in message boards

Holliday connections

Holliday connections

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello , I am trying to find info on my fmly history. The names that I have are John J. Holliday,born Feb 12,1828,married Amanda Macon in 1863, together they had 6 children. Also looking for info on John N. Holliday,born in 1726.

Re: Holliday connections

Doc Holliday (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2006 3:06AM GMT
Hello Julia, I have 14 gnereations of Hollidays from Pa. Starting with Thomas Holliday, 1766 from Scotland. Where are you're Hollidays from and did any of them immigrate to the US? I have several John Hollidays but none married to Amanda Macon. We may have other connections. I'd be more than happy to share data withm you. Keep the Faith.
Doc

Julia (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2006 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday's
Hi Doc, thanks for the info. My brother also goes by the name of Doc.( no medical background tho.). I will get back to you later on ancestories. Have loaned my records to a family member so I don't have all my info right in front of me. I do know that my ancestory is from a John J. or J. John Holliday. This is where my records stop. Thanks again. Julia

Sue Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2006 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday
Doc - I, too, go back to a Thomas Holliday and would be interested in seeing what you have. There are many unproven generations in my line and many, many questions. We, supposedly have connections to Doc Holliday of Georgia but no proof. We don't begin with solid evidence until William born 2/7/1764 in Columbia County, GA and later moved to Greenville, SC. Another point of contention in my line is inability to untangle the two William Holliday's in Greenville, SC. Can you help?
Sue

rlholliday (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2006 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: Holliday, Halliday, Holladay, Holiday
My greatgrandfather William Holliday born in 1826 or 1825 and has a brother, Robert Holliday born in 1819 or 1818. This infomation was obtained from their Civil War Records. I am trying to find the names of their parents. Both were suppose to have been born in VA. My grandfather Joseph Columbus Holliday told me that we are descendents of five brothers who came over from Scotland. Hollidaysburg PA is named after one the the five brothers as advised by my grandfather, Joseph C Holliday. Does anyone out there have any leads on the William Holliday and Robert Holliday ancestors. Some information I have indicates that the mother of these two men could have been named Elizabeth. There also could have been other siblings. I have listings of their descendents down to me and my descendents. I understand that Adam Holliday is the one that Hollidaysburg was named after. There also was a William Holliday that lived in the area along with Adam for awhile. I do not have any informatin on this William.

judy5hol2 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2006 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday, James
finally got some of my records back, here is my lineage, father's name is Elvin Holliday,b 25 Aug 1916, La, his father is Elias Thomas Monroe, b 4 Sep 1892,Ga, ggfather, William Monroe, b 16 Jul 1842,Ga, gggfather, John J,(Joseph John???)b 12 Feb 1828,Ga. From here I have been unable to locate anything, I understand my ancestors came by way of Missouri, then Ga. have noone to confirm this since grandfather died at early age, no grandchild ever met him. There have been rumors that my grgrandmother was kin to the James boys. Have been researching but no luck so far, Thanks for any info Julia

Jean Brant (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2006 3:02PM GMT

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: mcnair
do u know who elizabeth mcnair parents names is?

Jean Brant (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2006 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: Holliday, McNair

Elizabeth McNair the mother of my Greatgrandfather was born around 1800 and died 1834 the same year William Holliday my ggrandfather was born. In the addison census there is a John and a Robert McNair listed. Females were not named in the earlier census. In the 1840 census a James MaNair between 70 and 80 id listed with a wife between 50 and 60. There is also a Samuel listed with a wife. In the 1850 census a Samuel age 40 is listed with a wife Phebe age 41 and son age 16 named Samuel. These are the only McNair's I have found in the Addison area.

REBECCA (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2006 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Holliday
What was this william Holliday middle name and date of birth.. i might have some information for you... I am also from one of those hollidays and have some type of conection to John Henry (Doc) Holliday..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions