Search for content in message boards

Family of Arthur Henry Johnstone b Brooklyn, NY, USA about 1894

Family of Arthur Henry Johnstone b Brooklyn, NY, USA about 1894

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2012 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Johnstone, Johnston, Pagac, Foley
I am looking for the family of Arthur Henry Johnstone or Johnston. He was born in Brooklyn, NY about 1894 and died on Long Island in 1960. His wife was Elizabeth Pagac. His father was Herbert C. Johnston and mother was Mary Agnes Foley.

Re: Family of Arthur Henry Johnstone b Brooklyn, NY, USA about 1894

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 8:44PM GMT
Hi, those would be my great grandparents :)

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 12:05AM GMT
Hi,
My 2x great-grandfather was William Johnston (no e). He was the son of Samuel Johnston and Sarah Hays. His brother was Horace Johnston. So Arthur Henry Johnstone was his grandnephew. I recently made contact with Arthur Johnstone in Washington, who must be your relative. Art had done some really great research on the family before computer research. Are you interested in exchanging info on the johnston (e) family. I found several newspaper articles about your great-grandfather.
Dawn

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 7:44PM GMT
I am looking for a male Johnstone (from NY) that married a Horne (from Canada) and moved to San Francisco btwn 1870-1876. This would be my gggrandparents, but they died before 1900 and left my ggrandmother and her brothers orphans. I have not been able to determine who they are nor when they died. My greatgrandmother is Mable Elizabeth Johnstone born San Francisco CA. (1876-1971)and her brother Walter Everett Johnstone born (maybe Canada "other country" per census and California Death Record) (1870-1949)

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 8:11PM GMT
Sorry, those names are not in my family. Wish I could help more.
Dawn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic