Search for content in message boards

Christopher Collins and Rachael Hendrick

Christopher Collins and Rachael Hendrick

Posted: 5 Jan 2004 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2004 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: collins,hendrick
I am researching my Collins line Christopher C Collins and Rachael Hendricks were my ggggrandparents would like to share info with anyone

Re: Christopher Collins and Rachael Hendrick

Wesley Collins (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2004 12:41AM GMT
At what time did this Christopher live and where?

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 10:52PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2004 5:25AM GMT
Chritopher Collins was born in 1768 in North Carolina and died August 28, 1855 in Mobile ,Alabama. Also lived in South Carolina

Wesley Collins (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2004 2:27AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I don't see any connection our Christopher Columbus Collins lived 1865-1946 in TN probably Weakley County.

Posted: 5 Jul 2004 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Hendricks, Kelley
Hi there, do you know if any of your Collins moved to MS? I have some Collins ancestors that came originally from SC or VA before landing in Hinds Co. MS early mid 1800's. Dave :-)

Barbara McNamara (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2004 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: COLLINS, HENDRICK, ANDERSON, PEEPLES, DYESS, BLACKMAN
Christopher C. COLLINS was one of four brothers (Christopher, Joshua, Jacob and Stacy) in Wayne Co MS by 1813 (MS tax roll). Christopher was born in NC in 1768, owned land in SC (Barnwell Co and Orangeburgh District) by 1796, moved to GA and bought land in Wilkinson/Twiggs and Baldwin counties between 1806-1808, then moved on to MS.

Stacy, Joshua and Jacob also moved from SC to GA into MS in early 1800s. The father of these four COLLINS brothers is unknown...but due to family naming pattern, speculation is that he was one of two Regulators (Jacob Collins and Joshua Collins) who fought at the Battle of Alamance in 1771.

Christopher also lived in Perry and Marion counties of MS, before moving into Mobile Co AL by 1830, where he died in 1855.

There is a land claim for a Christopher Collins in 1803 in Concordia LA, near the Marion Co MS line. It is unknown if this is our Christopher who may have arrived early on in the MS Territory prior to bringing his family from GA to Wayne Co.

Posted: 17 Aug 2004 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Fitzwater, Hendrick, Kelley
I am interested in CCC brother Jacob if you happen to have some information. His brother Jacob married Rachel's sister, which eventually went from MS to TX. I appreciate any information you might have. Does your info include data about Chris Collins supposedly getting cheated out of an inheritence? Rumor has it, and was curious. Dave :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic