Sorry! I believe that I had Josephus L. Dickinson, son of John Brian Dickinson, erronously assigned to John Bordon Dickinson. Also, his birth date was c1851, not 1858. According to Madie D. Piner in the Heritage of Carteret County, Vol. II, No. 371, the following describes this family (Note: In an adjacent contribution, No. 370, Julia Dickinson gives entirely different children for John Brian Dickinson's parents, John Dickinson and Anna Norris):
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN BRIAN2 DICKINSON (JOHN1) was born 1825, and died 1884. He married MARY JANE GUTHRIE Abt. 1848 in Carteret County, NC.
Children of JOHN DICKINSON and MARY GUTHRIE are:
i. JULIA F.3 DICKINSON, b. 1849; d. 1862.
2. ii. JOSEPHUS LATHAM DICKINSON, b. 1851; d. 1926.
iii. EDWARD WINFIELD DICKINSON, b. 1852; d. 1860; m. MATILDA J. LEWIS.
iv. LAVINA DICKINSON, b. 1854; d. 1893.
v. LAURA A. DICKINSON, b. 1856; d. 1857.
vi. LILLAR ANN DICKINSON, b. 1858; d. 1929.
vii. SARA JANE DICKINSON, b. 1859; d. 1925.
viii. J. B. DICKINSON, b. 1861; d. 1866.
ix. CHRISTOPHER LEE DICKINSON, b. 1863; d. 1942.
x. MARY ETTA DICKINSON, b. Bet. 1865 - 1866; m. LEE ROY DAVIS, March 10, 1896, Beaufort, Carteret County, NC.
3. xi. JOHN BRIAN DICKINSON, JR., b. 1867.
Generation No. 2
2. JOSEPHUS LATHAM3 DICKINSON (JOHN BRIAN2, JOHN1) was born 1851, and died 1926. He married CHARITY ANN SMALL March 27, 1876 in Carteret County, NC, daughter of STEPHEN SMALL and MARY LEWIS.
Children of JOSEPHUS DICKINSON and CHARITY SMALL are:
i. JOHN F.4 DICKINSON, b. 1878; m. FANNIE GUTHRIE, March 12, 1902, Beaufort, NC.
ii. CARL D. DICKINSON, b. Abt. 1888.
iii. JOSEPH L. DICKINSON, JR., b. Abt. 1890.
iv. NELLIE M. DICKINSON, b. Abt. 1892.
3. JOHN BRIAN3 DICKINSON, JR. (JOHN BRIAN2, JOHN1) was born 1867. He married FANNIE F. LONGEST December 21, 1897 in Beaufort, Carteret County, NC.
Children of JOHN DICKINSON and FANNIE LONGEST are:
i. GUY R.4 DICKINSON, b. Abt. 1899.
ii. MARY G. DICKINSON, b. Abt. 1901.