Search for content in message boards

Boherbue, County Cork

Boherbue, County Cork

eileen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crowley, Scannell
Does anyone know where Boherbue, Cork is located? Recently found my grandparents were from the area.

Location, Location

Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien, Hennessy, Renahan, Corey, Moynahan
Eileen,
On my trusty old Ireland map, Boherbue is shown (on a direct line) between Killarney & Kanturk. I would guess it's about five, six, seven miles West of Kanturk.
I hope this helps.
Al O'Brien

Re: Boherbue, County Cork

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 3:44PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2003 4:22PM GMT
We just returned from Boherbue. My Gr.Grandparents Maurice & Margaret (Golden) were from the area and their children's Baptismal records are there. The Parish Priest, Fr. Patrick McCarthy has been very helpful and recently married my niece over there. Do you have family from the area?

Eilene Farrell Hays (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 5:22PM GMT
I have found a birth record on the web for a John Cahill born about 1804 in Boherbue. My gr-gr grandfather was John Cahill born 1803. He married a Mary A. Riley and they were in Michigan by 1844. He died young (in 1849). I am trying to find if this is perhaps my gr-gr grandfather. Are you able to help me at all???
Thank you,
Eilene Farrell Hays

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 3:05PM GMT
I have not come across a John Cahill in my Boherbue research and the church records only go back to about 1830.
Jim

Eilene Farrell Hays (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 2:31AM GMT
Jim:
Thanks for your help, I'll do a little digging myself when I get over there in about 10 more days!!! My first trip over and I am really getting excited.
There maay be a marriage record in the early 1830's if I'm lucky.................
Eilene

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 6:00PM GMT
Eilene:
Good luck. Be sure and contact Fr. Patrick McCarty at the Presbytery in Boherbue Tel. (011-353) 29-76038. The part in the brackets is from the US. Fr. is coming to the US on 9/23 for 2 weeks vacation so I'm not sure how that fits your schedule. Also, he is not in on Wednesdays. If you need anything else on the area, let me know.
Jim

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:19AM GMT
Surnames: Walsh
My ancestor Jane Elizabeth Walsh b.c1805 was born here. She came over to Australia on a government scheme on the ship Edward Coulston in 1833 which sailed from Liverpool; I would love to find out a little more about her.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions