Search for content in message boards

Killeen Family from

Killeen Family from

J. Zack (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Killeen, Cusack, Daffy, Sexton
I am seeking further information on the following family from County Clare, vicinity Carhunagry.
Generation I: Patrick Killeen married Ellen Sexton in County Clare
Generation II: Jeremiah Killeen married Ellen Cusack (b. abt. 1831)in County Clare
Generation III: John Killeen (1853-1929) married Bridget Daffy (1867-1903)in County Clare
Generation IV: Jeremiah Killeen (1890-1938) married Loretta Englart in Detroit, MI
Thank you for any assistance.
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Kett
Searching for info in Co. Clare on John Killeen (1829-1892) m. abt 1858 Ellen Reidy(abt 1826-1896). Their children, born between 1858 & 1873, were: Mary, Patrick, S-?-, Margaret, Ann and John. Ann married Michael Kett in 1907.

Re: Killeen Family from

Jack Niblock (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 4:17PM GMT
My great grandfather was Timothy Thadeus Killeen, born in Caranagary, Ireland in 1852. His father was Patrick Killeen. The information passed to me, unverified, was that Patrick's wife was Ellen Melone. We may have a match since I cannot confirm Ellen's last name. Do you have any more information on Ellen Sexton?

Timothy married Margaret Esther Ryan in PA in 1863. My grandmother, Hannah Gertrude Killeen is their daughter.

MaryKilleen (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2002 3:14PM GMT
My father was Timothy Killeen from Knocknahilla - his mother was Bridget Killeen of Carhunagry - my brother now lives in her family home in Carhunagry- I am pretty certain that we are the Killeens you are looking for as the family christian names Timothy and Patrick have always been in the family

Jack Niblock (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2006 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Killeen, Malone
Mary,

Thanks for your response. I copied you on an e-mail to Judy. My Timothy was born in Carnaugry on 25 December 1832. He was the son of Patrick Killeen and Ellen Malone. He had at least three brothers and two sisters. Two of the brothers, Michael and John, remained in Ireland. Any information you could provide would be most welcome. I have information on Timothy, his wife and children that I would be happy to share.

Jack

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Killeen, Ryan, Day & Shields
I have a Patrick Killeen wife Ellen Melone who's son married Margaret E Ryan on 10 May 1863. The ceremony took place at St Mary's Church in St Mary's Pa, Elk County. I have a copy of the Church document.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 7:40PM GMT
My Timothy Thaddeus Killen born 1832 Dec 25. A Uncle, Father or Brother died in Miltown Station, name Michael.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 8:17PM GMT
We share the same Killeen family. Timothy and Margaret Ryan as well as Patrick and Ellen Killeen are all part of my tree also.

Send me an email at jackniblock@hotmail.com and we can share some information. I've been away from it for a while but there were a couple of people a few years ago that also shared the Killeen line and they were very helpful.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: Killeen/Shields/Ryan
Mary Killeen I hope you still read the queries..
I was reading your reply from May 2002...I am also a gr grandaughter of Timothy Thaddeus Killeen b 1832 Carhunagry...I am a gr daughter of Susan Killeen Shields, Tidioute,Pa...I would love to share with you...A mystery I have been trying to solve on this end...did Timothy also have a brother named Daniel b ca 1834...His family settled in Oil City,Pa about 20 miles from Tidoute where our family lived...One of Timothy's daughters is buried in Daniel's family plot??? but no one alive today knows why...I can only assume he was a brother/cousin/?? Please reply Susan Shields Shannon...San Diego,Ca susans92127@aol.com Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic