Search for content in message boards

Rudolf Hess Ancestors

Rudolf Hess Ancestors

Bill Hess (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2002 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hess / Rock
Has anyone done an accurate research into the history of Rudolf Hess' family. I have been told that Rudolf's father's name was Fritz and his mother's name was Clara. Does anyone know Rudolf's grandfather's name and where he was born? Or do you know Fritz's brother's and sister's names? It seems there are an awful lot of people who think they may be related to Rudolf Hess, including myself.

My great great grandfather was Conrad Hess, born either in 1816 or 1819 in Germany. He left his wife and six or seven other children in Germany and emmigrated to Canada with his son Henry, who was born September 1850. Henry married my great grandmother Cathyrn Rock in 1872 in Ontario Canada. Cathyrn was born about July 1860. Cathyrn and Henry had my grandfather George John Hess in October 1882 and emmigrated to North Dakota in 1885.

I would also be very greatful if someone could help me find out when my great great grandfather, Conrad Hess emmigrated to Canada and what ship he arrived on in what port.

Re: Rudolf Hess Ancestors

Lynette Pegg (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2002 6:45AM GMT
Surnames: Bicknel Hess
looking for info on the Hess children. Their mother was Ruth Bicknel Hess and she was killed in the Liberty Hotel in 1948
by Ward Loper.She was married to Harold Hess and had two
children,Barbara and Robert.Any info would be appreciated.

robert holly (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2006 9:09PM GMT
my name is robert holly and im related to rudolf we had stuff passed down from him since ww2 but my stupid uncles pawned his uniform and every thing do u know a good web so i can reaserch him

William Hess (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2006 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Hess
Robert, I don't really have a website that I thought was good for researching his descendants. But I did finally get in touch with Rudolph's grandson. So, how are you related to Rudolph Hess?

Posted: 5 Oct 2010 5:29PM GMT
In my family, rumor has it that my grandfather was Rudolf Hess's third cousin. I was only able to trace back to my great great grandfather Charles Hess, 1827-1888 who's wife was Charlotte and they immigrated from Germany through New Orleans, then made thier way to St. Louis. They settled and died in Madison County, Illinois, near St. Louis. I heard Charles had 2 brothers, and they all came over to avoid the draft. These brothers all went to different states. I don't have names. I would love some more info, do you have a family tree?

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 6:20AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2012 6:21AM GMT
I am not sure if Im really related to Rudolf Hess. So far I was able to go far back to Mary Anna Hess. Not sure if it's the right Hess.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: hess
I am also wondering about being related to him... I have heard stories of being related to Rudolf through my family since we are partially head. I old at someone down the lines immigrated to Canada and dropped a letter in the name Hess which I'm assuming it used to be spelled hoess just like his.. not sure if this was to protect themselves from having the same last name? And I was also watching a show on tv called Hitler's children and Rudolph grandson was on.. my family and him have a shocking resemblance in appearance.. one name I know in my family is a Milton Hess? Can anyone help me out? - Nicole from ontario

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 1:25PM GMT
I found out that Rudolf Hess is my uncle my grandmothers Great grandomthers mom is one of his sisters......

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 10:20PM GMT
Out of curiosity, do you know anyone with the last name Bechtel? My Great Grandmother told us that Rudolf Hess came by her home in Bobenheim-Roxheim during WW2. I'm not sure if she is telling the truth, but she must have some sort of connection with Rudolf Hess.

Posted: 1 Aug 2014 10:12PM GMT
I have a great grandmother Anna Margaret Hess... born in Hamburg, Germany in the mid 1800's. I believe her maiden name was Bookman... they were supposed to have owned a "shoe button" factory also in Hamburg. Looking for any information on this part of the Hess family. And also if anyone knows of the connection to the Bookman family.
Melody
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions