Edited: 2 Sep 2002 11:15PM GMT
Looking for information on William Parker, father of Lucy Parker
West,wife of Elder Miles West of Smith Co.,Tn, all formerly of
Halifax Co.,Va.

Re: william parker

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jul 2002 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: Craighead, Reese,Sampson, West, Sircy, Dillehay,Thompson,Snoody, Goodner, Sims, Robertson, etc.
William's will is posted on this site, along with 2 other parkers.
Lucy Parker married a West, and she's my ggrandmother on my maternal side.

pj dunson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Thank you for responding. I have read the wills. Are the two other Parkers related to Lucy Parker and her father, William?
Do you know who William's parents were? Lucy's brother, Richard, is my gggrandfather on my Father's side.

pj dunson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Thank you for responding. I have read the wills. Are the two other Parkers related to Lucy Parker and her father, William?
Do you know who William's parents were? Lucy's brother, Richard, is my gggrandfather on my Father's side.

Posted: 13 May 2002 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Parker,Willis,Crum, Gregory , Petty and others
My ggg grandfather Drury Andrews was married to Rebecca Parker another dtr of William-She died in 1811 and he later married a Betsy Gammon-then about 1838 went to Effingham Il. to a War of 1812 Land Grant

Posted: 17 Jun 2002 2:47AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2002 1:20AM GMT
I noticed the name Drury Andrews in your message and wondered if there would be a connection to a William Andrews in NC. His son William, married Permelia ___. They moved to Tennessee between 1850-1860. Their son, Littleberry Baker Andrews moved to Graves County, KY.

Thanks.

Posted: 17 Jun 2002 9:33PM GMT
My Drury was the son of John Andrews-son of Thomas . He came from Chatham Co. N.C to Smith Co. Tn. @ 1804-Married first Rebecca Parker -She died @1811-Heleft for War of !812 -returned to Tn. @1814 then married Betsy Gammon-a sister Mary(Polly)married Barnett Donaldson-another Susannah married Thomas Donaldson-a broyher Samuel Lewis married Kitturah Dunnegan-another brother Thomas Jefferson Sr. married Susannah-Drury's father John had a brother William and Thomas.They were in N.C.

Posted: 13 Oct 2006 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Andrews
Bob,

Did you ever by any chance order copies of Drury's bounty land grant files? I am hoping it would provide his parents names.

I would love to know what the source is on the names of his parents.

Jenny

BOB L ANDREWS (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2006 6:19PM GMT
Jenny
Drury's father was John who appears in minutes of Dixon Creek Baptist Church in Smith Co. Tn. . His mother was Feraby (last name not discovered. John's
sister was Mary (Polly) who married Isham Beasley who also resided in Smith Co. Their Father was Thomas whose wife was a Susannah.
Bob

Posted: 14 Oct 2006 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Andrews
Bob,

Thank you for your response, but what is the source for John and Feriby being the parents?

I know you sent me the package of information, mostly from the Fayette FActs, but no source was ever given for citing John and Feriby for their parents.

Do you have a marriage record for one of them stating that John and Feriby are their parents? I'd love to know the sources for this.

thanks so much!
Jenny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic