Search for content in message boards

History of Goes in Zeeland

Van der Haagen in Bruges

B. Amaral (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Van der Haagen, Van der Haguen
Looking for any information on Wilhem Van der Haagen or Van der Haguen who migrated to the Azores, Portugal with his family in the 1400's.

History of Goes in Zeeland

B. Amaral (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Goes, Van der Goes
The Van der Goes that left Holand in the 1400's to the 1600's to Sao Jorge, Azores

Goes

Alice Goes Botas (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Goes

B Amaral,
Perhaps you may have the answer? Is surname Goes's origin from Portugal or Holland? My grgr grandparents were from Mirandela,Tras-os-Montes, Pt. about 1800. Your ancestry sounds interesting.
Alice

Faro name origin

John Faro (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Faro
I have info on the Name Faro going back to mid 18th century with ties in Biervliet, etc. I also have found 3 prominent locales in Portugal with the name Faro. Is there a tie-in here. Maybe back to the Armada? Can anyone help?

Re: Faro name origin

Ernst van Loon (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Faro
John,

In 's Gravenmoer (province Noord Brabant) there are also a lot of Faro's. As you said to have a lot of info in the Zeeland branch, do you have clues that there exists a link between the two branches?

I made a start in compiling the raw 's Gravenmoer data (civil records, down to 1811), but this needs to be finished yet.

Regards,

Ernst van Loon

Re: Van der Haagen in Bruges

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 10:49AM GMT
Surnames: VAN DER HAGEN
Hello,

I do have some information on Van der Hagen family in the Azores. If you give me your adress I'll send you a copy of what I have, as I do not have a scanner to be able to go throught that process.

Ana Taveira
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/4338/ana.html
Rua Marques da Praia 24
9500 Ponta Delgada
Açores

Re: Faro name origin

Robert Faro (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 1:31AM GMT
Ernst,
I have a lot of information on the Faro's from Zeeland. From my research I believe that there are other lines of the family tree. Send me an email and we can discuss it.
Regards,
Robert "Bob" Faro

B. Amaral (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Vander Haagen
Hi Ana, My address is : 105 Bonney St. New Bedford, Ma.U.S.A.

Ana Taveira (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 8:11AM GMT
Surnames: Van der Hagen
Hello! nice to hear from you. I also live in New Bedford and have most of my friends there. Please feel free to email me cu2bd@mail.telepac.pt. It may take a while befor I send you the copies as I was away for a few weeks and have piles of priorites and work. As soon as I have I'll send to you. The University library has done some research on that.
Best regards.
Ana
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/4338/ana.html

Posted: 24 Jul 2007 7:33PM GMT
My grandfather William van der Hagen came over as a child from Lith Holland. We have traced over famil back to a Jacobus Tys(s)en van der Hagen in the 1800's. Do you have any additional information on the van der Hagen family from the Netherlands?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions