Search for content in message boards

John M. Devilbiss

John M. Devilbiss

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Devilbiss, Combs
Hi,

I am looking for information on John M. (Possibly Milton) Devilbiss who married Charlotte "Lottie" F. Combs (born Feb 1876) in Greene Co., Indiana on March 4, 1897.

I found them in 1900 & 1910 census records in Greene Co., Indiana but can't located them in the 1920 & 1930 censuses.

As of 1910 they had 4 children:

1. Mary Devilbiss (07 Jan 1898)
2. Clyde Deviliss (19 Aug 1899)
3. Carl William Devilbiss (10 Nov 1903)
4. Edith Devilbiss

I think they might have moved to California. If anyone can help in my research please let me know. Thank you.

Re: John M. Devilbiss

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: DeVilbiss
I posted the death dates for John, Charlotte, and the three youngest children, along with John and Charlotte's obituaries, at my genealogy blog:

http://genealogygenie.blogspot.com/2008/11/devilbiss.html

Thanks,
Jeannie

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 4:07PM GMT
Hi Jennie,

Wow. Thanks alot. This really helps.

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 4:12PM GMT
I'm very glad I could help.

Jeannie
http://genealogygenie.blogspot.com/

Posted: 8 Jul 2009 3:08PM GMT
Hello my name is Ronna Hadley Lewis my grandfather Charles H Hadley was married to Dorthy Devilbiss she was one of I think 13 children and there was a milton that was related i'm not sure how as I have just started looking into my familys history my self how ever milton last lived in Rockport california near a large ranch that the Devilbiss family once owned.

good luck
Ronna

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 8:35PM GMT
Rena, your grandfather Charles Hadley was married to my grandfather Milton's sister Dorthy, I knew her and Charles since a little kid. They used to live in Willits. Dorthy and my grandfather Milton were of 15 siblings at the DeVilbiss Ranch at Rockport. All are dead now with the passing of Teresa in Westport. Tons of us cousins, second, third and probly 4th cousins, Jeff DeVilbiss Bridgeville, CA.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 10:10PM GMT
Thank you for the information I remember a few of my great aunts and uncles it was always fun to go and visit teresa and wes. It has been fun reserching the DeVilbiss back to see where our roots came from If you happen to have any more info about my grandfather Charles Hadley's Father and Mother I seem to have ran into a road block I remember my great grandma but I was only 7 when she passed and my grandfather never gave me much history about her or his real father.

Thank you
Ronna Hadley Lewis
Willits, Calif.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions