Search for content in message boards

Wilson/Willson families in Butler Co., Pennsylvania

Wilson/Willson families in Butler Co., Pennsylvania

Vi (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2005 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2006 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON, WILLSON
A newly released book proves seven Wilson/Willson families owned land in Butler Co., PA in 1858. My grandmother was also a Wilson.

Re: Wilson/Willson families in Butler Co., Pennsylvania

Posted: 10 Aug 2006 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON/GALLAGHER/STOUGHTON/THOMPSON & others
I am interested in the Wilson book you mention. I'd like to know the title & where I can get a copy. My maternal line is the Wilson line that settled in Butler Co., PA. Contact me at jpfinke1@yahoo.com

slc (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2006 12:55AM GMT
Am a Wilson from Buter Pa.

My Wilsons go from Arron Wilson to William Wilson

William Boyld Wilson m Margaret Wilson ca 1946 Butler Pa

My dads parents were

HERBERT LEYMAN WILSON br 1899 Evens City Pa son of JAMES ARVIL WILSON and ELIZABETH FLEURETTA DOUBLE 1872 1946 and

MARY ANNA KLEE br 1900 Hazelton Pa daughter of VALENTINE KLEE and ANNA BECKING both br Oberlengsfield Hessen Germany...

JAMES ARVIL WILSON was son of WILLIAM W WILSON and RACHAEL ELIZABETH CAMPBELL... both br Pa

WILLAIM W WILSON was son of AARON WILSON br Feb 22 1816 Johnstown Pa died Chicora Pa Oct 19 1913 and MARY WESTLAKE br Feb 1835 - Mar 22 1915 is what DC says... informer was wife Rachel Wilson nee Campbell br 1854 died 1909 ..... Aaron Wilsons father was WILLIAM WILSON Br Pa ?????????? son of ?????????

RACHAEL CAMPBELL brMay 20 1853 died Mar 27 1928 was daughter of JAMES CAMPBELL Br Pa 1814 and ELIZA ANN COVERT br 1818

ELIZABETH F DOUBLE was br 1872 died 1946 was daughter of JOSEPH DOUBLE and LUCINDA HILGAR

Joseph Double was son of ZEPHANIAN DOUBLE 11 Jun 1804 Westmorland died 9 Sept 1880 Chicora Pa and ELIZABETH SNYDER br 1807 Brady Township died 1887 Chicora Pa

ELIZABETH SNYDER was daughter of CONRAD SNYDER 1777 - 1866 and ANN BRYAN 1781-1869

CONRAD SNYDER was son of CONRAD SNYDER of Switzerland br 1735 and NANCY.... ...

ANN BRYAN was daughter of ZEPHANIAH BRYAN 1750 - 1838 and
ELIZABETH De VORCE or LE FORCE....

Are any of my Wilsons in it please?

Thank you
SLC

Eleanor King (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2006 12:19PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Hazlett, Sharp. Fleming
I have Wilsons Thomas who was in Mercer county. Married Elizabeth Sharp. In fact there is a Wilson thompson and cupples reunion tomorrow in Butler. we were on olur way to pa. yesterday when we started having transmission problems so we will miss the reunion this year.

Eleanor King (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2006 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson ,Hazlett ,Fleming ,Sharp
Sorry Vi no connections

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Hazlett
Eleanor King. I am looking for Hazletts in Mercer co. Pa. My ancestors were a Edwin and Sarah Hazlett. Mother was elizabeth. Trying to find her maiden name and husband's name

Posted: 25 May 2007 3:46PM GMT
I am sorry I haven`t gotten back to you sooner but Half the time I can`t concentrate on any thing. My husband passed away in Jan.
I have no records of any Hazletts in Mercer county. All the records I have put the Hazletts in Allegheny Butler Westmoreland and Washington Co. I am still trying to find the parents of my great grandfather Thomas.
His obit lists his Mother and Iva McCormish and his father and his father as Thomas . Another researcher found info that led him to thinking William was Thomas father. I don`t think I will ever get it straight.

Eleanor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions