Search for content in message boards

William Porter

William Porter

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2002 10:08AM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Campbell
Looking to talk to anyone who may have information on the Porter/Campbell side of my family. My great, great, great grandfather William Porter was born in England and so was his wife, Elizabeth Campbell. However, I am not sure what part of England they were from. They came to America before 1835, because my great, great grandfather was born in Bloomsfield, PA on 12 Mar 1835.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this message.

Re: William Porter

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 8:29PM GMT
I am stuck right at William Porter in my tree. I am just getting into this but I have a William. He is from Muskegon Co. MI. His wife was named Madaline(Adeline?). They had a son named Edward Martin. Does this ring a bell?

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 8:20PM GMT
Sorry, I don't think we have the same William Porter. My William was born in England and his wife was Elizabeth Campbell. I am not sure if she was born in England too, or if she was born in Pennsylvania. The had one son only that I know of John Porter who married a Marybelle Rieseker.

Thanks for your quick reply to my message.

Billie

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 3:27AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2002 10:53PM GMT
My William PORTER was married to Deborah (maiden name unknown) They had a daughter, Sarah Elizabeth PORTER, born 9 Feb.1821 in England, married 20 June 1839 at S/S Peter and Paul parish in Great Somerford, Wiltshire, England to Thomas CAREY, a son to Benjamin and Mary (Besant) CAREY. Sarah may have had siblings, Charles, and Ruth (married William TEAGLE), who lived in Wayne co., OH.@1850's.RHKB253@aol.com

Angela Bull-Rosenthal (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 5:55AM GMT
Paula,

I am just beginning my search on some Porters, as well. My paternal gr-grandmother was Mabel Porter Jordan, married to John Jordan. Their daughter, Eva Dorothy Jordan was my grandmother. I do not know where they were from. They ended up in the Detroit area. Do any of these names come up in your research?? My grandma died last week and I am hitting the research hard. Please e-mail me at: rosenbull@aol.com...thanks, Angie Bull-Rosenthal

Richard L. Porter (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2001 10:49PM GMT
There was a Benj. Porter married to an Ann Campbell. Their children included a William Porter, m. Gean Black, my line was their son William Porter, Jr. Married to Mary Bowen.

If this is your line and you want further info, please email me.

Richard Porter

Posted: 29 Dec 2001 1:31AM GMT
I don't think our William Porter's are the same. Mine was married to Elizabeth Campbell. I know that he was born in England, but I am not sure about her. As far as I know, they only had one child. My g,g grandfather John Porter, who was born in Pennsylvania in 1835.

Thanks for your reply.

Billie

Posted: 29 Dec 2001 2:28AM GMT
Richard:

My William Porter was married to Elizabeth Campbell. As far as I know, they were both from England. I know of only one child, my g g grandfather John Porter who was born in PA. He married a Mary Belle Rieseker. The Porter side of the family came from Alsace-Lorraine on the border of France and Germany-at the time it was the territory of West Germany. France took over in 1919. John moved his family to Kansas when my great grandmother was twelve.

They had eight children:

Laura Belle (my grandmother)
Ora Golden
Edward Porter
Genevive Estelle
Daniel
Dora Ada
Herbert
Elizabeth Hannah

I look forward to hearing from you. Do any of these name sound familiar to you.

Billie

Richard L. Porter (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 5:51PM GMT
Hi Billie

Thanks for the reply. Sorry we don't match up. My William Porter I was married to Gean Black and his son William Porter II was married to Mary Bowen. They were Scot-Irish.

All the best

Richard

Posted: 23 Oct 2002 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 1:52AM GMT
I'm interested in a William Porter that married a Gean prob. early 1700's. They may have lived in Pennsylvania. They would have had at least one son named John who married a Hannah. Their son was John Porter born around 1750. Any help would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions