Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2004 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Zapal, Ochap, Matysek, Zaucha
Franciszek Zapal, abt 1884 parents Jan Zapal & Maryana Zaucha from Chechly
Apolonia Ochap, abt 1892, parents Jan Ochap & Regina Matysek of Chechly

Re: Chechly relations

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 5:34AM GMT
Can you please post more info about your family? I also have family surnames Ochab or Ochap or Ohap as well as Matysek from Chechly.

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2005 5:22PM GMT
My Ochab Relations are as follows:

Apolonia Ochap (Ochab) born in Chechley 1893-1895 (depending on the record)
Her parents were Jan Ochap and Regenia Matyszek of Chechley.
Apolonia married Frank Zapal, also of Chechley. His parents were Jan Zapal and Maryanna Zaucka also of Chechley.

Apolonia had a brother Vincent.

Apolonia and Vincent immigrated to Chicago in 1906 and 1905.
Vincent had the following children.
Frank, Stella Julia

A Joseph Matyszek was my fathers Godfather.

You can e-mail me at ahemes@i2k.com.

Tom Zapal

Posted: 1 Feb 2005 8:06AM GMT
Surnames: Ochab, Pluta, Matysek, Matyszkiewicz, Roch
Tom, we have talked in the past. I am still looking for records from Chechly/Ropczyce to explain marriages and births after 1848. My g-grandfather Peter Pawel Pluta had a least one sister who married an Ochab. (Regina Pluta + Josef Ochab, I think).
Another sister, Marianna Pluta, married Andrew Matyzskiewicz. Is that a variation of Matysek?
Anyway, we had lots of relatives go to Chicago. I have more to say about the Ochab name. But I just found a passenger record that may interest you and others, so I am posting it.

Ship Chemnitz, from Bremen arriving Baltimore 31 March 1911: Franciszek Matysek, 17, (father Michal Matysek, Chechly), $20, going to Chicago to brother-in-law Jan Oshab (Ochab?); with him, Josef Roch, 17, (mother Anna Roch, Chechly), $13, going to brother Jan Roch, Chicago.

Tom Zapal (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2006 10:05PM GMT
Chris

I contacted you last year about the Ochabs & Matyszeks.
I found A Michael Matysek from Chechley immigrating to Chicago in 1904 ( I have to go back and check the date). Next week I will try census records to find out more.
Have you found anything else on your Chicago relations?

Tom Zapal

Re: Chechly relations - Ochab/Matysek

Posted: 2 Dec 2006 10:07PM GMT
Names in previous posts found in the Chicago Tribune Archives:

1977-09-02
Mary Ochab, nee Matysek, beloved wife of the late John; loving mother of Victoria (the late Frank) Zielinski, Helen (Joseph) Ochab and the late Edward; grandmother of Renade (Ron) Gronek, Connie (Ron) Jurkowski, Dennis (Patricia) Ochab and Thomas Ochab; great-grandmother of seven. Funeral Saturday, 9 a.m., from Malec and Sons Funeral Home, 6000 N. Milwaukee Av., to St. John Cantius Church. Interment St. Adalbert. 774-4100.

1964-07-15
Edward John Ochat, beloved son of Mary, nee Matysek Ochab; dear brother of Victoria [Frank] Zielinski and Helen [Joseph] Ochab; loving uncle of Dennis and Thomas Ochab, Renade Gronek, and Constance Zielinski. Funeral Friday, 9:30 a.m., from Malec Funeral Home, 834-38 N. Ashland avenue, to St. John Cantius church Interment St. Adalbert's. HA 1-5800.

1965-11-05
Frank J. Ochab, dear brother of Julia Skierski and Stella Guerra of Los Angeles, Cal.; also two nieces and one nephew. Resting at Stermer Funeral Home, 3653-55 Fullerton avenue. Funeral Saturday, Nov. 6, at 10:30 a.m. to Our Lady of Grace church. Interment St. Adalbert's BE 5-1815.

I am not related to this family.
ms

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 3:40PM GMT
Saw your message on Ocha. My grandparents came from Chechly to Chicago.
Apolonia Ochab: Parents: Jan Ochab and Regina Matyszek

Do you have any info
you can email me direct at ahemes@i2k.com

Thank you

Tom Zapal

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 9:08PM GMT
Interesting...Ochap is so close to what I am researching.My great grandpa Jan Kmiotek was born in Chechly in 1888.Recently, I found his older brother's wedding certificate here in a NYC church which gave me his parents name:Jan Kmiotek and Zofia Ochab.Notice, it's with a B, not a P.Was there any Zofia in your family tree?

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 7:11PM GMT
George
Yes, Ochap, was also spelled Ochab. I never looked into a Zofia. It seems the Chechley Ochabs or Ochaps in the Chicago area all married spouses from Chechley. I think a lot of them are connected, because they show up as godparents on my dads side (brothers and sisters), and the are living either in the sames building or next door on the 1920 census. Do you have any info on Zofia?

Tom

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 8:08PM GMT
Hi Tom,
Thanks for writing!All I can tell you is that she married my great great grandpa Jan Kmiotek and they had 2 sons-Josef, born 1875 and Jan(my great gramps)born 1888.I only recently acquired this info from a marriage license where I got both sets of my great great granparents names.I know he came Chechly from the shipping manifest.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic