Search for content in message boards

Wilson Families in Nodaway County

Wilson Families in Nodaway County

Allen Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilson
I am trying to make a list of the different Wilson families being researched in Nodaway County. I feel that by doing this and sharing this information with all that participate it will make my research in this area that much easier and may fill in some unknown gaps on distant cousins. I am willing to share what information I have on my Wilson line with all participants.

Thank you
Allen Wilson/Wyoming

Wilson

Allen Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Sorry no I don't

Wilson

Monte Southward (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
Do you have a Isaac Wilson b. 1845 Ohio married Margaret Nevil in 1870 Douglas county Ill? Thanks

Wilson family

Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2002 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Bradley, Walters, Proctor, Dick, Collett
I am searching for info on my family. My father was Darl Wilson, granparents Charles N. & F. Edna Bradley Wilson, g-grands Caswell V. & Emma R. Walters Wilson, gg-grands Jonas & Nancy Proctor Wilson, ggg-grands Jonas J. & Jane Dick Wilson, and Jabez & Elizabeth Collett Proctor. Caswell, Emma, and Jabez are all buried at Myrtle Tree cemetary and Darl, Charles, & Edna are all buried in Oak Lawn cemetary. All in Nodaway County. Darl was born and raised in Ravenwood and and Charles and Edna lived in Parnell until their deaths. I do not know where any of the others lived or anything else about them.
From what I have seen so far my Wilson line is not related to any of the others listed on this site. If any one has any info I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you, Lori Wilson/ Kansas

Response to Wilson Clan

Gina (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Proctor, Dick, Collett
Lori,
I am a decendent of the Wilson family of Nodaway County,MO. My ggg-grands are James C. & Rebecca (Proctor) Wilson. My gggg-grands are Jonathan & Jane (Dick) Wilson. My James C. and your Jonas are brothers. I have in my records that the father of James C. and Jonas is named Jonathan. I believe I might have pictures of the graves stones of your people. I go to Maryville often and have been to Myrtle Tree Cemetery lots of times. Let me know if your interested.

Gina

to Gina

Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2002 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Proctor, Dick, Collett
Gina,
It was so exciting to see your response. Yes I would be very interested in any information or pictures you have. I have been to Myrtle Tree twice but haven't had much luck finding very much as it was very cold both times. I am hoping to do more Memorial weekend when we go back to Maryville. Thank you very much. Lori

Re: Wilson Families in Nodaway County

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Cowan, Pinkley, Davis, Van Fossen, Brown.
Hi! I am researching the family of Nathan Pinkley Wilson and Rosanna Cowan. I believe they relocated from Ill around 1898. Children are Mary, Lizzie Mae( married Pinkley?) , Lottie Pearl (Davis), Stella Vesta (Van Fossen), Leatha Aetna (Brown) , William Lamont (Edith?) and Leroy Cecil (?). Several were born in Nodaway and lived most of their lives here. Thank you in advance for your help. Leatha

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 2:18PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2005 8:53PM GMT
From the "Vital Records Extracted from the Elmo Register, 1899-1965"

August 4, 1911 - Marriage license granted to Charles N. McCallough and Lizzie M. Wilson. Elmo. Married August 2.

February 6, 1914 - James V. Vanfosson and Stella V. Wilson and Charles C. Brown and Letha A. Wilson were married Wednesday.

October 7, 1937 - There is an obituary of one Benjamin Franklin Gohn whose daughter was Edith Wilson.

Hope some of this helps.

Rene Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2002 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Lyon, Cox, Thompson
I have information on George Wilson, M.D. and wife Clarinda Lyon and children: Willis Marion (MD), George L., Everett V., Fannie and Kitty. They came from Hardin Co., KY by way of Pike Co., Illinois and Schuyler Co., MO.

Re: Wilson

Posted: 6 Oct 2003 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2003 11:35AM GMT
I have an Issac Wilson married to Margaret Nevil, m. Jan 13, 1870. I am trying to find info on Margaret's sibling, Annie Elizabeth Nevil. She married John Richey and I believe she may have a daughter named Dorinda that I am trying to tie into my family history. Do you have anything that might help?

I have Nevil information if that will help you.

Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic