Search for content in message boards

BINGHAM/MONTEITH

BINGHAM/MONTEITH

Terry G. Peden (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BINGHAM, MONTEITH
Looking for BINGHAM and MONTEITH of Macon County researchers.

Joel BINGHAM b. 1793 Wilkes Co, NC - Lydia Miller b. February 23, 1802 Watauga Co., NC

Samuel MONTEITH b. 1756 York Co., Pennsylvania d. May 13, 1840 Macon Co., North Carolina

Bingham genealogy

Gail Brannon (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robert Bingham, Sarah Essie Walker Bingham
Robert Binham was born June 2, 1872. He was married to Sarah Essie Walker Bingham (some native american heritage is reported to be here). Robert and Sarah lived in Macon County, North Carolina and family history recalls Cartoogajay and natahala Gorge as possible homesite. Robert was buried in Gillespie Chapel Cemetery in Macon county on 2-16-1949. He lived in Gaston County for several years. Family stories were told about Oscar Bingham (I don't know if he was an Uncle on which family side).Oscar was married to Mammie Ledford in Macon county. Any informatio will be of great help! thanks

bingham

larry shelton (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: bingham, passmore, walker
hi gail,

I'm researching, the passmore family. does robert lee
bingham's parents, happened to be, cicero l. bingham, and
rosetta n. hodgins? FRED HENRY PASSMORE, BORN MAY 1920, macon co., n.c. married mary marie bingham frazier.her mother, was minnie bingham, which we cannot fiquire out who her parents are? ROBERT LEE BINGHAM,and sarah essie, had 9
children, maggie, 4-1900, hattie, 1902, mary, 1904, charles, 1906, walter, 1908, reid, 1910, lucy, 1913, edna,
1917, who I met this past friday, with her husband claude,
and helen, born september 13, 1920. I have cicero l. bingham, born abt. 1855, macon co.,n.c, married august 10, 1887, he married rosetta narindon hodgins, she was born, june, 1861. they had 5 children: SARAH A., 6-1883, OSCAR,
7-1885, MINNIE,6-1887, WILLIAM R. 5-1892, AND WILEY M.5-1895. Edna bingham told me that their, was a lot of
bad things going on in the family. a lot of that went on, in those days.plesar excuse me for putting it that way.
if I could talk with you again please, contact me.

thank you,

larry

Re: bingham

Donnie (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2004 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: Bingham
Cicero and sarah bingham are not Robert Lee Bingham's parents. Robert Lee married Sarah Essie which is cicero and Sarah daughter. Robert Lee being my great grandpa born July 2 1872 and died Feb 16 1949. Sarah Essie born Dec. 12 1880 and died Sept. 8 1929. Robert Lee re-married my great grand mother Mary Lizzie ????? Born Oct. 9 ???? They had 3 kids Sarah (1933) Francis (1937) Anna (1941) Robert Lee and Sarah Essie had Charlie (named after Essie's brother Charlie Oscar), Walter, Reid, Robert Lee Jr.(died at about Age 8) Haddie, Lucy,Mary, Helen, Edna, Maggie, Tommy and Jessie which were twins died at birth and Annie died as an infant. Which gives Robert Lee and Sarah Essie A TOTAL OF : 13 kids. Plus Roberts other 3 kids from a second marriage for a total of 16 kids. Please reply I want to share information to learn more about my family. Reply at: Ldoublee83@wmconnect.com

Re: BINGHAM/MONTEITH

Linda Maxwell Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 6:25PM GMT
Saw your posting re Monteiths in Macon Co., NC. My husband descends from the Samuel you are seeking. I have a bit of information. Seeking more. Willing to share what I have. Thanks for prompt response!

Samuel
Thomas
John
Thomas
James Candler
Edith Monteith Fisher
James J. Fisher

all in Macon and Jackson counties till Edith married Fisher and moved to Transylvania Co., NC

Re: bingham, Robert H. and Cicero

Posted: 28 Aug 2005 4:56PM GMT
I sent you several emails directly and they were returned.

Hi -

I'm a direct descendant of Robert H. Bingham, born abt 1820 (probably in Ashe County, NC)

Robert was married abt 1847 to Susannah Serpeta Wright (b.1833, Buncombe County, NC) and they had three children - one being Rufus F. Bingham born 1848. Robert's father and mother were Joel and Lydia (Miller) Bingham. Robert later married Altha Griggs in 1861 but was living with her in 1860, Macon Co., NC. His three children with Susan were farmed-out to other families in the county.

I'm starting research on Robert's second family, as they are half brothers and sister to my Rufus.
Rufus F. Bingham married Martha Guy in Macon Co. and moved later to Gordon and Fannin Counties GA and Bradley Co., TN.

Cicero Bingham was probably the brother of my Rufus and I believe his father and mother were not the family he was living with in 1860 Macon Co., NC. and this is going to be hard to prove because he died young.

You probably know all the above - but I wanted to let you know where I'm at.

Do you have information on Robert H., as to when he died and where buried? They did not appear on the 1900 census. I read some place, that Altha died out-of-state?

Sharron

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 11:30PM GMT
Hi,
My name is Melanie Cagle and my gr-great-grandmother was Lydia Bingham born about 1852 in Macon Co., NC. d. Dec 3, 1925 Crandall, Murray Co., GA and married William Ridley in Murray Co., GA Feb 22, 1874.
Her death certificate lists her parents as Robert Bingham and ? Wright born in NC. I believe her mother was a Susannah. I'm pretty sure they are the ones you are descended from. I have not been able to find Lydia in their household but have found her in other households as a child. Do you know if your Robert and Susannah had a daughter named Lydia? A distant cousin is trying to say that Lydia is the daughter of Rufus F. Bingham and Nancy Priscilla Chase and that her grandparents are Robert and Susannah who adopted her after Nancy died. This would make Rufus a father at 4 yrs old!! This person is adamant but I don't believe a word of it. Could you PLEASE get in touch with me and possibly shed some light on this. I have been searching for Lydia's parents for years. They are a "brick wall" that I don't think Joshua and his trumpets could tear down. I would appreciate anything you could share. Thanks. Melanie

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 3:06AM GMT

Maybe I can help - Robert H. Bingham was born about 1820, Buncombe County, NC He married Susannah Wright, born 1833, Buncombe Co., NC. They had three children, one known, Rufus F. Bingham, born 1848, Buncombe Co. NC. Susan would have been about 15. Rufus F. Bingham, married Martha Guy, their first child, Charles Bingham was born 1869, NC. Robert and Susan terminated their marriage before 1860 and Robert remarried in 1861 and started a new family. Susan purportedly moved to Mississippi. Obviously, both abandoned their children. Susan never appears on a census that I could find, and Robert FIRST appears on the 1860 census Macon. Robert was living in 1880; died before 1898 per his son’s marriage record but no death or cemetery source. Susan’s father was John Wright (Right) and mother Susannah Reed.

Robert Bingham had a brother, Rufus Alexander Bingham born abt 1823 Buncombe County, NC. Rufus A. married Nancy Ann Coker, born abt 1834 GA, marriage bond
dated 1858, Macon Co. They lived in Shooting Creek, Clay Co., NC

Nancy Priscilla Chase the ‘mystery woman’. Nancy Chase, born abt. 1837 GA. never appears on a census, even though she is listed in many family trees but unsourced. Dean Chase did have a daughter Lydia Priscilla, born abt. 1847, GA.

As you can see by the above dates, the Nancy Chase info is wrong.

Maybe I can help - Robert H. Bingham was born about 1820, Buncombe County, NC He married Susannah Wright, born 1833, Buncombe Co., NC. They had three children, one known, Rufus F. Bingham, born 1848, Buncombe Co. NC. Susan would have been about 15. Rufus F. Bingham, married Martha Guy, their first child, Charles Bingham was born 1869, NC. Robert and Susan terminated their marriage before 1860 and Robert remarried in 1861 and started a new family. Susan purportedly moved to Mississippi. Obviously, both abandoned their children. Susan never appears on a census that I could find, and Robert FIRST appears on the1860 census Macon. Robert was living in 1880; died before 1898 per his son’s marriage record but no death or cemetery source. Susan’s father was John Wright (Right) and mother Susannah Reed.

Robert Bingham had a brother, Rufus Alexander Bingham born abt 1823 Buncombe County, NC. Rufus A. married Nancy Ann Coker, born abt 1834 GA, marriage bond

Nancy Priscilla Chase the ‘mystery woman’. Nancy Chase, born abt. 1837 GA. never appears on a census, even though she is listed in many family trees but unsourced. Dean Chase did have a daughter Lydia Priscilla, born abt. 1847, GA.

As you can see by the above dates. The Nancy Chase info is wrong.

Maybe I can help - Robert H. Bingham was born about 1820, Buncombe County, NC He married Susannah Wright, born 1833, Buncombe Co., NC. They had three children, one known, Rufus F. Bingham, born 1848, Buncombe Co. NC. Susan would have been about 15. Rufus F. Bingham, married Martha Guy, their first child, Charles Bingham was born 1869, NC. Robert and Susan terminated their marriage before 1860 and Robert remarried in 1861 and started a new family. Susan purportedly moved to Mississippi. Obviously, both abandoned their children. Susan never appears on a census that I could find, and Robert FIRST appears on the1860 census Macon. Robert was living in 1880; died before 1898 per his son’s marriage record but no death or cemetery source. Susan’s father was John Wright (Right) and mother Susannah Reed.

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 3:10AM GMT
Sorry about the repeats - I have no idea what happened.

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 12:08AM GMT
Not sure if you got an earlier reply from me about emailing you directly. Saw where your email address is posted and wanted to know if we could email each other directly outside of this forum. I have quite a few more questions and would like to talk to you about someone who has falsified records concerning Robert and Susannh Wright Bingham and their son Rufus. Look forward to your reply. Thanks so much!

Melanie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic