Search for content in message boards

CORCORANS in Quebec, Canada

CORCORANS in Quebec, Canada

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CORCORAN
Looking for information on Corcoran ancestors:

GGrandmother Mary-Ann Corcoran, b. 1863, married Arthur Fleury November 11, 1880 in St-Ambroise-de-Kildare, Quebec.

Her parents were Patrick Corcoran and Mary Markey, married February 20, 1860 in St-Alphonse-Rodriguez, Quebec.

His parents were John Corcoran and Catherine McDonald who before 1845, also in Quebec (place not known).

Does anybody have a connection to these Corcorans, and where might they have come from in Ireland?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: CORCORANS in Quebec, Canada

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 2:34AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: CORCORAN/DUNNE/CONROY/MC EVOY/COSBY/DELANY/DEMPSEY/LALOR/GEOGHEGAN/
My husband's ggrandparents Patrick & Lucy Cosby Corcoran arrived & stayed in NY in 1869. They came from Co. Laois where many Corcoran families still live.
Some families they married into are: DUNNE - CONROY - MC EVOY -DELANY -DEMPSEY - LALOR - GEOGHEGAN - COSBY. These are common surnames in Laois.
The given names were Eliza - Catherine -Patrick - James - John - Lucy - Hanora - Margaret - Mary Ann.

I found them in Laois because my husband's aunt was named LUCY after her grandmother Lucy COSBY CORCORAN.
I don't know if any siblings of Patrick & Lucy came here.
In NY there were Corcorans living in the same town & streets as Patrick & Lucy & I am still trying to connect the dots.
Regards, Kay

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 2:56AM GMT
Where in NY did they settle? I have a Doyle ancestor who married a John Henry Corcoran in Cambridge, MA. He was the son of Patrick Corcoran who was born in upstate NY in 1846 and relocated to MA sometime in the 1860s. Patrick's father was John Corcoran, who emigrated from Ireland. The only info I have on him was that he was married to a Jennie Smith.

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 8:23PM GMT
In 1870 census Patrick CORCORAN & family were settled first in Ossining, NY where a Thomas & Jane Corcoran & family [possible relatives] lived. The census of 1880 Patrick & family moved to Yonkers, NY.
After 1880 I haven't found him nor Lucy & their children except for Patrick jr.
Patrick Sr. had 9 siblings and I am trying to find out if any more came over.
His parents were James & Margaret CONROY CORCORAN and he had seven [7] siblings named Sarah, Elizabeth, Julia, James, John, Matthew & Margaret.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic