and on to CO. I belive he was from MI Jay
Phelps was his name had one son for sure,
David Phelps who lived in KS, any info would
be appreciated.

Phelps from MI

David Fox (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 5:51PM GMT
HI Jason,
My wife's mother was a Phelps. There are two lines of the family in Michigan and Wisconsin. There was a Frederick Nelson Phelps who moved from Michigan to Wisconsin,then into the Iowa and Nebraska area some time in the late 1800's. He married a woman named Belle but we connot locate any relatives. Do these names sound familiar.

Michigan Phelps

Posted: 27 Oct 2000 6:37AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 6:08PM GMT
David what part of Michigan are your wives Phelps from? I too have Phelps in my family from Mi. Peggy

Wife's mother

David Fox (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 3:41PM GMT
Hi There,
My wife's mother was born in the Saginaw, MI area. Her father lived in the Saginaw/Helmock area. We can trace some of the family back to the Baltimore Md area, via Illinios and Ohio.

Mi Phelps Families

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 7:10AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 6:08PM GMT
Hi David, Thanks for getting back to me on your branch of the Phelps family. My branch are from the Eaton County area and I don't know a whole lot about them. I have just started to do searching in the Michigan area.
I do know a Hattie Phelps married my G Grandfather Charles Putnam and they moved to the Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa area.She is the Mother of my Grandfather also Charles C Putnam. If these names seem at all familiar
please email me at mnpacrat@aol.com. Thanks.
Peggy

Re: Mi Phelps Families

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2004 12:31PM GMT
Looking for information on a W. (William?) Phelps who owned property or lived in Ottawa Co. MI. around 1876. He might have owned a steam saw mill in Olive Twp. I have his property and name shown on a 1876 plat map in that area. Any informatiion would help.

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 12:04AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Phelps, Putnam
Hi Harold, I do not have any info on William Phelps of Ottawa Co at this time. As far as I know the Phelps family I am looking for came from either Eaton or Calhoun Counties. However the info I have is very limited and have just begun to search this family. I will keep a copy of your query and if I run across anything for William I will send it on to you.

Merl (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2002 1:28AM GMT
I too am search for Phelps of Eaton county. My connections are to Amos and George Phelps. Amos probably arrived in the mid 1840 and stayed into the 1860's. George was born in 1848 and died in 1910 and lived his life in Eaton Rapids. What info do you have?

Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:47AM GMT
Hi Merl,
I am looking for the family of Corydon Phelps father of Nettie Phelps or could be a nickname for Henrietta. Nettie may have married a man named Albert Collins as she had a son named Lauren Collins. She was from Eaton County, Mi. She was married 2nd to Charles B. Putnam. Later they moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I Think Nettie was my great grandmother but still trying to prove this. Does any of this sound familiar to you? Peggy

Posted: 11 Apr 2002 3:16AM GMT
None of your names jump out at me from the census name. Do you have some dates to go with the names in case I come across something in my digging.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic