Search for content in message boards

Hoffman's from Northumberland, PA

Hoffman's from Northumberland, PA

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 6:22PM GMT
Looking for any connection to William Elmer Hoffman, b.1883 in Northumberland, PA. Moved to Albany, NY 1909/1910, worked for the Railroad. First wife was Lillian Maneval, had 3 children, Elberta, Earl and Alma. Second wife Medora - died in Holyoke, MA in 1980.

Hoffman family

Bob Fout (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 7:58PM GMT
Hi Kathy,

I have a John William Conrad Hoffman who married a Mary Cane. He was born in Lancaster, PA in 1750 then moved on to Northumberland County, PA where he died in 1821. According to the History of Northumberland County, Pa edited by Herbert C. Bell, 1891 states "William Hoffman and Philip Frick arrived at Northumberland on the 1st of June, 1772. They were from Lancaster, and came up the Susquehanna in a canoe." This book also refers to a brother of William as being from Frederick Maryland. We know that this William had three sons -- William, Joseph and Jacob -- and three daughters -- Elizabeth, Mary and Deborah -- (Bell, again). The eldest son William, resettled in Elmira NY, and his descendants are documented in family records.

Does there appear to be a connection to your Hoffman line?

Thanks,

Bob

Re: Hoffman family

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 10:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Bob - The William I am looking for was born around 1883. He married Lillian Maneval and moved to Albany, NY around 1909-1910. He had 3 children. He worked for the railroad, died in Massachusetts 1980. I do know he was born in Northumberland. I don't know his parents names or sibling names.

Bob Fout (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2001 11:45PM GMT
Kathy- This Hoffman line had a son named John William Conrad Hoffman born 1750 in Lancaster County, PA who moved to Northumberland County, PA where he died in 1821. Many in this line lived in Elmira, NY. I don't have enough information to determine if they tie into your line. Thanks, Bob

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 12:08AM GMT
Bob - Thanks for the response.

Re: Hoffman's from Northumberland, PA

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Dube Hoffman
Hi... We have a "Dora" Dube who was related to Louis J. A. Dube b.1897 who lived in Albany, NY. Dora had a huband by the name of Bill Hoffman. It was his second marriage and maybe Doras as well. Bill had worked for the railroad. I remember him as being of medium height, gray headed and older than Dora. He was also a little shakey on his feet and had a great sense of humor and an endearing smile. Bill & Dora moved out of Albany East across the state line, perhaps to New Hampshire or Vermont (maybe to be close or live with one of Bills kids). That is about the time when we lost track of the couple. Around that same time we moved my Grandfather L. J. A. Dube & his wife Loretta D. of 63 Broad Street, Albany, NY, to Maryland. He d.01/08/1983, she d. 05/20/1979. Dora & Louis J. A. Dube were very, very close. They couples would visit each other regularily. But I am not sure exactly how they are related perhaps cousins? Or aunt/uncle? So... I have not put Dora on the family chart as of yet because of the uncertainty. Do you have any information on Dora's parents that maybe I can check on? This will be a great piece of the puzzle solved. I am pretty certain this Dora Dube sounds like the perfect fit! How did Dora get to Holyoke, MA?
I look forward to learning more.
Louis J. Dube III
ChezDube@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic