Search for content in message boards

Larkin Venable 1816 from Kentucky

Larkin Venable 1816 from Kentucky

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Venable, Maness, Edsell
Hi my name is Ronni and I am the GGGgrandauther of Larkin Venable. I do have some information on the Larkin Venables of MO.
Larkin Venable is the father of Larkin S Venable born in Kentucky in 1834.
Larkin S Venable was married to Mary Jane Maness and had these children...Lizzie, Gabriel, Larkin S #2, Mary, Amanda, Younger(my GGrandpa, Wilder, Hosea called Hoser, Annie and James Howard or Howard James.

Younger was married to Lydia Edsell and had 5 children. Roscoe was my Grandpa.

Now back to Larkin Venable...Story goes he was not a nice man with a bad temper. He had a family with 12 children in Kentucky. He abandoned his family and fled to Missouri to avoid the hanging due to him because he shot and killed a man in Kentucky. This is the recollection of Younger Venable.

His son Larkin S #1 marries and has children, one of whom they name Larkin S#2. He died in a lead mine accident and left behind a widow named Alice and her children.

I pretty much have death certs for most of the children of Larkin S #2 and some of their spouses. You can get copies of them from the MOGEN website.

Larkin S#2 son Younger was married to Lydia Edsell and they had 5 children. Lydia died of a ruptured appendix and Younger was left with small children.
Lydia's Brother James Edsell was married to Emma Tyree and they had a mess of kids. James Edsell was killed when he tried to stop some boys from being loud outside his church during service and one of the boys shot him and he died a few minutes later.
Younger decides to marry Emma Edsell two years after Lydia's death.
She was called Aunt Em by Younger's children.

I would love to hear from anyone who has information on the Venables. I am especially intrested in the Maness side. Like who is Mary Janes family!

Thank you for your time
Ronni
teamsterbabe@yahoo.com

Re: Larkin Venable 1816 from Kentucky

Posted: 7 Jun 2008 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ronni, do you have information on Larkin's brother James?

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 12:50AM GMT
Sorry, I have no info on any brothers. Just know about Larkin. He has a brother named James? Wonderful!! Could you tell me more about what you know? I am dying of curiosity.
Ronni

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 12:36PM GMT
Email me at: lvenable@centurytel.net

Larry Venable

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Venable, Davenport, Linn and Meredith
A CORRECTION TO MY ORIGINAL POST
I have some new information on Larkin Venable (1816-1887)from Kentucky.
Larkin S Venable 1816-1887 was married three times:
1. Catherine Venable in 1836 in Kentucky
a. Joseph A Venable
b. Clarinda Venable
c. Andrew Jackson Venable
2. Synthia Linn in 1845 in Kentucky
d. John W Venable
e. William J Venable
3. Mary Jane Maness in 1867 in Missouri
f. Elizabeth Venable
g. Gabriller Venable
h. Larkin S Venable Jr
i. Mary Catherine Venable
j. Amanda Venable
k. Younger Venable
l. Wilder Venable
m. Annie Venable
n. Hosea Venable
o. James Howard Venable
p. Earnest Venable

There is NO...I repeat NO Larkin S Venable born in 1834!!
Now that we have determined who Larkin S Venable is and when he was born 1816, I would like to know if anyone would have information on Joseph Venable born in the 1770's? I believe this might be the father of Larkin S Venable and not Joseph's brother Larkin Venable born in the 1770's.
The father and mother of Joseph and Larkin Venable are Joseph Venable 1735-1810 and Lucy Davenport who died after 1811 and lived in Bays Fork, Allen County, Kentucky.

Posted: 15 Jan 2011 1:30AM GMT
great story. file under black sheep.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions