Search for content in message boards

Mary McAllister & brother Sam McAllister

Mary McAllister & brother Sam McAllister

Posted: 29 May 2003 1:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: McAllister
Hello,
I wondered if anyone could help me with any further information on the following family:

Mary McAllister born about 1775 Northern Ireland (probably County Antrim)

Her brother was Sam McAllister who was killed at the Battle of Derrynamuck, County Wicklow, in 1799. He was from County Antrim.
I found a web site that said that Sam McAllister's mother (whose name I would love to find out) died in Dublin.
Unfortunately I lost the URL and can't find it on any search engines.

Does anyone have any more information about this family?

Thanks,
A. O'Brien,
Australia

Re: Mary McAllister & brother Sam McAllister

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2003 9:12PM GMT
This is all I can discover, hope it helps: from http://www.wicklow.ie/heritagegenealogy/1798/rebels.html#sam

Mrs McAllister, Sam's mother, had been living in Dolphin's Barn, Dublin and came to the Glen of Imaal to the grave of her only son. She stayed some time with the Dwyer's, visiting the grave daily. It was thought she then returned to Dublin and died sometime later in a Widow's Alms House in John's Lane.

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 1:05AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: McAllister
Thanks so much for this information.
I believe this was the information that I found earlier, thank you for helping me locate it again!

A. O'Brien,
Australia

Posted: 25 Jun 2010 2:33PM GMT

Hi,

I was wondering if you managed to get any further info on Sam McAlister, or for that matter what information you have at all.
It has always been said in our family that Sam was an ancestor but I haven't managed to trace back that far yet.

Many thanks,
Barry McAlister
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions