Search for content in message boards

Gaudin Family research

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2005 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Gaudin, Dugas, Barbe, Bergeron
I am researching the family of my direct ancestors - Jean Baptiste Gaudin (1790-1845) of Philadelphia Point, Ascension Parish, Louisiana. He was married to Rosalie Athanaise Dugas (1790-1858) in 1809. He was the son of Michel Gaudin and Francoise Barbe and the grandson of Bonaventure Gaudin and Marguerite Bergeron (early Acadian settlers and land grantees) of Point Brilliant, St. James, Louisiana. Jean Baptiste and Rosalie Dugas Gaudin owned the Gaudin Home Place Plantation and the Babin Place Plantation at Philadelphia Point in Ascension Parish. Their children were Jean Baptiste, Jr., Euphrasie, Gertrude, Ursule, Lise, Silvany, Leon and Laurent Edouard.

Any information or leads on information of this family would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Gaudin Family research

Posted: 8 Oct 2002 1:15AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2003 1:42AM GMT
Have much Bergeron info, including Marguerite Bergeron and Bonadventure Gaudin. Will exchange info.

Arthur Bergeron

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:02AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2003 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gaudin
Dennis,
Can you tell me if you have run across Mathilde Gaudin who was married to Arsene Hebert in your search for family members? If so, please email me. Thank you. Theresa

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:27AM GMT
I did find a Mathilde Gaudin in my genealogical program. She was the wife of Arsene Hebert, fils, son of Arsene Hebert, pere, and Marguerite Cecile Judice.

The main reason that I have Mathilde in my file is that Arsene Hebert, pere, was the husband of my Tante Euphrasie Gaudin, widow Pierre Duval Babin. Tante Euphrasie was the eldest daughter of the main Gaudin family I have been researching - Jean Baptiste and Rosalie Dugas Gaudin of Philadelphia Point, Ascension Parish, Louisiana.

Dennis

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:37AM GMT
Dennis,
Do you happen to have a birth, marriage, or death date on Mathilde Gaudin? Thank you very much for the help.
Theresa

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:44AM GMT
Theresa,

All I have is circa 1833 as a birthdate. That is gleaned from her age listed in the 1850 Ascension Parish Annotated Census and Slave Schedule. I wish I had more, sorry!

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:47AM GMT
Thanks for the help. I will go through my file because I think that somewhere I have some information about how Arsene,pere, wanted his children taken care of after his death. I am not sure but I will check and get back to you. Do you happen to have a picture of any of these folks? Thanks. Theresa

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 3:26AM GMT
Theresa,
No, I don't have or know of any photos of the Gaudin (or Arsene Hebert) family, until the generation of Leon Gaudin's (who was Euphrasie's brother) children, born in the 1870's; and some of his grandchildren. That is not to say that other descendants don't have them - but none of the few descendants to whom I've spoken.
I have a copy of the paperwork from the auction of the estate of Arsene Hebert, pere.
Dennis

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 3:31AM GMT
Mr. Bergeron,
Sorry to take so long to respond to you! Life has been incredibly hectic and I have tons of genealogical stuff going undone! The email message I received tonite has reminded me of my tardiness!
I would like to exchange info on the Bergeron family. I do not have very much, however.
I suppose we should move this exchange to our personal email systems.
Thanks, Dennis

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 3:33AM GMT
Dennis,
The auction is what I have. I just found it a few minutes ago. If you ever run across anyone who has pics, I sure would appreciate your giving them my email address. Thanks for all your help. I hope that your research goes well. Theresa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions