Search for content in message boards

Searching names, DeCru, D'Helft, VanLefphine,

Searching names, DeCru, D'Helft, VanLefphine,

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 4:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DeCru, D'Helft, VanLefphine
i am rearching my family tree, my great and great great grandparents came from: (emiliy d'helft, frederick henry or henry frederick, odel girard decru, julia decru all from Bessegheim, belgium and alphonse decru is from rumbeke, belgium and besingham, belgium, vanlefphine, dont know if this name is belgium. all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
katherine decru

Re: Searching names, DeCru, D'Helft, VanLefphine,

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 10:00AM GMT
Do you by any chance have a time range?
And a little more specific details on who is who?
As I see it Emily D'Helft and Frederick Henry are married and you great grandparents. And Odel Girard Decru and Julia Decru you great great grandparents?
Then who is Alphonse Decru and who is VanLefphine?

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 5:41PM GMT
emily d'helft born: june 22nd, 1980. birth place: besingham belgium, and alphonse born: 1889 last residence was in: rumbeke belgium, both born in belgium before coming to the detroit mich area, they were married september 7th, 1912 in detroit michigan, these two are my great grandparents.

frederick henry d'helft and mathilda vanlefphine-d'helft are husband and wife these are my great great grandparents, this is emily's parents

lenard and valderia decru are husband and wife, these are my great great grandparents, this is alphonse's parents

emily and alphonse decru had 2 children, odel girard decru and julia decru. odel girard decru is my grandfather and julia is my great aunt.

i cant find any more info on lenard and valderia decru, and frederick henry d'helft and mathilda vanlefphine-d'helft.

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 11:39AM GMT
I'll see what I can find. Problem is Besingham. The name of the town isn't the real name here in Belgium. So I have to guess what the dutch name is of Besingham.. I'm thinking Bissegem or something like that, but then again I could be wrong.

I'm going to the archives tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I found something.

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:24PM GMT
Hi Sarah, here is some of the spellings I found. Bessegheim, alfons/alphonse decru is from Rumbeke, Besingham, I got emelie's death certificate form lansing michigan, but the state of michigan cannot find alfons/alphonse decru death certificate. I sent off for twice and they returned my money, they could not find his. He died around 1937 in detroit, michigan USA.

THanks Sarah,
I really appreciate you helping me with this, it means so much to me to that i am getting some help with this, thanks so much for your time helping me finding my relatives. thanks and god bless..!!

Kathy DeCru

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 9:27PM GMT
Hi!
Unfortunately the microfilm of Rumbeke only goes untill 1870 so I didn't get a birth certificate of Alphonse Decru... yet. I'll mail the civil registry for it, they should be able to give me a copy.
However I found the birth certificate of his father, Lenard Decru. His full name is Desiderius Leonardus Decru and he's also born in Rumbeke on 25th March 1858.
I've looked for a Valderia as well, but no luck. I'll know who and where to search for her once I get the birth certificate of Alphonse.

As for the other side, the D'Helft family. I went looking in Bissegem (Besingham) and I found a lot of D'Helfts! But no Emily as the microfilm only went untill 1870. But I'm glad there were a lof of D'Helfsts in Bissegem, which means it's probably Bissegem that they mean by Besingham.

Lenard Decru's birth certificate is attached. I can transcribe and translate if you want.
To be continued?
Attachments:

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 11:39PM GMT
Hi Sarah, Thanks for all the work you are doing for me, I greately appreciate this so much, the only language i know is english, I would greatly appreciate it if you can translate it for me.

Thanks
Kathy DeCru

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 1:45PM GMT
Hi, no problem!
I made the transciption and translation in a Word document, but I can't upload that in the attachments below. Can you give me you mail address so I can e-mail it to you?

In the meanwhile I've sent e-mails to Rumbeke and Bissegem for the birth certificates of Alphonse and Emily.

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 5:35PM GMT
Hi Sarah,

thanks again, my e-mail is: k_d991@yahoo.com

Have a Great Day

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 5:38PM GMT
Good news! The've sent me the birth certificate of Amelia (Emily) Stephania D'Helft!
Later this weekend I'll send it to you, with translation!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions