Search for content in message boards

Andrew COOPER

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2006 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Osbourne
I am searching for the parents of Andrew Cooper, born in 1804 from Kentucky.He married Ann Osbourne in 1824 Burlington Tounship, Licking, Ohio. They had eleven children and Samuel was the last. Would like to share information.

Re: Andrew COOPER

Posted: 19 May 2006 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, McLain, Collins, Musser, Smith, Rayl, Brown, Wetleworth, Osborne, Myers
I have also been trying to Locate parents of Andrew Cooper born about 1804. In 4 different Census records of Ohio, he once said he was born in Kentucky, next time he said Virginia, and another time Pennsylvania. Ours was married to Sarah McLain and they had the following children: 1. Margaret Cooper b. 1827 2. Ma;ry Cooper born 16 Aug 1828 in Ohio, but says native of Pennsylvania 3. Elizabeth Cooper born 1830 in Ohio married to Charles Collins 4. My grandfather Abner Cooper born 1832 in Ohio married to Mary Ann Musser 5. William Cooper (Twin) born Jan 1834 In Kenton, Hardin, Ohio, and 6. Isam (twin) same birth date died 23 Jan 1905 7. Archibald Cooper born 1836 in Ohio died 16 apr 1864 was in "The Hardin County Guards 4th Ohio Roster Company D 8. Phebe Jane Cooper born 15 Sep 1838 in Hardin, Ohio died 23 Feb 1888 in Wood Co., Ohio married to Lewis Smith 9. Sarah Jane Cooper born 1839 in Virginia married to John A. Rayl 10. Joseph Cooper born 1842 in Ohio married to Mary e. Brown and 11. Samuel Cooper born 1844 in Ohio married to Weltin Wetleworth. Andrew Cooper married Sarah McLain 14 Sep 1826. Does any of this conincide with your history. I've not heard about the wife you listed?
I have Ann Osborne was married to the son William Cooper. He fought at Gettysburg, Survived July 1, 1863 he was also married to Emma R. Myers sometime. The marriage date for William Cooper and Ann osborne was 25 Dec 1855 in Hardin,Ohio, USA

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Osborn, Osbourn, Meyers, Mclain, Daniels, Smith, Maxwell
Andrew Cooper was not married to Ann Osborn/Osbourn . She was married to Andrew's son- William Cooper born 1834 Ann was born 1837 they were married 25 Dec 1855 In Hardin county, Ohio . William was a twin to Isam Cooper . William had another marriage to a woman named Emma R. Meyers. They were married 13 Jan 1887 In Hardin county, Ohio. Andrew ws married to Sarah McLain born 1808 in Randolph, West virginia , she isn't in the 1880 Census so it's believed she died before 1879 since Andrew is living with my GG Grandfather Abner Cooper in 1870. Andrew died 14 Apr 1870 in Pleasant Twp., Hardin, OHio. Found info in the Infirmary REcords for him. basically died of old age. Sarah's parents are Abner McLain and Pheoba Daniels of Huttonsville, Randolph West Virginia. he was born 1784 and Pheoba born 1785. This info came from Linda Earl Smith mailed to me on Sep 26, 2001 Abner and Phebe were married by Rev. Robert Maxwell Marriage vol 1 pg 13 on file in Randolph County, Courthouse.Pheoba is listed as Rhoeba Daniels in US/CAN 975.485H2b. Abner McLain's father is James McLain St. and married to Dorcas.That's all I have for now. Hope this helps a bit. Have a nice day. Marsha

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper
Correcting my own mistake. Andrew Cooper died 14 April 1879 not 1870 in Hardin County, Ohio. Typo on my part.

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: McLain, Collins, Arney
Hey
I am looking for a William McLain who was married to a Lillie Collins. I am wondering if there is any relation to the message that was on here.
If there is please email me at Jensport9@yahoo.com.
William and Lille had a daughter named Pearl McLain who married my great grandpa John Eslie Arney.
Pearl was born about 1917 and was listed to be in West Virginia were she was born. She had 3 sons. One that died named Edgar Arney, Albert Llyod Arney (my grandpa), and Howard Frank Arney.
We have always been told that there may be some Cherokee Indian in the bloodline.
If you or anyone knows Pearl McLain Arney or her parents William McLain and Lillie Collins please email me back.
My name is Jennifer Arney White
per page

Find a board about a specific topic