Search for content in message boards

Pomplun

Posted: 6 Dec 2002 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother was Augusta Pomplun Knitter. She married William Fritz Knitter and they had 6 children. Harvey, Esther, Walter (my dad), Edna, Clarence, and Elmer. They are all deceased now.

Re: Pomplun

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2002 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Pomplun, Schubert
The Pomplun surname shows up in my family tree in a few places. I wonder if they are related to you.

On June 7, 1919 Herbert Schubert married Merna Kettler (notes from my grandmother say she "was in the Pomplun family" -- so I'm not sure of the exact relationship)

Ella Louise Schubert married Albert Pomplun on May 12, 1906; Albert was from the town of Newton.

My grandmother copied a clipping from Feb. 27, 1952 that mentions that Mr. and Mrs. Donald Pomplun and Tommy of Whitewater honored Tommy's first birthday at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Pomplun. Guests were - Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Schubert (of Coloma), Mrs. Tauschman and Eleanor (of Brandon), Eldon Pomplun (of Waupun) and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Bray and their daughter (from Wautoma).

Ella Pomplun is mentioned in an obit as a survivor of Herman Wedell (resident of Wautoma Care Center and formerly of Coloma -- Herman died. Aug. 26, 1981 and was born Aug. 7, 1901 in Richford, son of William and Bertha Wedell -- he married Ida Schroeder in 1930; she died in 1967). Ella (of Coloma) was listed as a half-sister to Herman. Arnold Schubert (of Coloma) was listed as a half-brother to Herman plus there was a daughter Irene Barrick (in Pembroke Pines, Florida).

Cindy Boelk (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2002 3:49PM GMT
Hello cousins-Pam we have already met online and Jean I know your family. Are you Merna's daughter? I will tell you how we are all related-Merna's Mother Clara (and I remember her well) was a Pomplun, First cousin to my Grandfather and Pam's grandfather or grandmother-I don't have the names down on your line Pam.
Emilie and Carl Pomplun came from Posen Germany and settled in Marquette Co. Emilie is buried in the Springfield Lutheran Cemetary-Carl went back to Germany and all communication was lost when the wall went up. Clara was the last to know who was who in Germany. Also in that Cemetary are some of Carl and Emelies children-both of your Great-Grandparents - Jean yours is Otto and of course Pam yours is Augusta. Brother and Sister. Other brothers and (no more sisters) are Ernest-my Great Grandfather, Emil, Albert-and a half brother -Carl's son not Emilies, Theodore.
Now Jean your situation is a real mystery to me-you must be double realted? Emils son was Albert, Eldons father I think and it gets tough becasue of using the same names over and over. The original Albert moved to New York. Emils son Albert I knew and he lived in Richford. The son Eldon is in Waupun, and he knows our family. Girls-we need to get together to get this straight! Pam I know you are not in Wisconsin-Jean where are you? Well Jean-I look forward to hearing from you unless there are 2 Merna Schuberts I knew your Garndmother ? Clara well!

Cindy Boelk (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2002 3:55PM GMT
Thanks for this info-I can print it out at home and add it to my records. You are a genration closer than I . Augusta was the youngest and only one born in American so that makes sense.I think you told me that but have had a computer crash since.

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2002 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Pomplun, Tagatz, Mueher, Schubert, Gaatz, Mittelstaedt
Actually I'm only distantly connected to the Pomplun family -- through marriage a few times. My grandmother kept track of distant cousins and their families. I can't really vouch for any of this except to say that this information was meticulously recorded by one of my family members, but maybe it can serve as a lead for someone connected to them. I didn't know any of these people.

(Connection #1) Merna Kettler ("in the Pomplun family" according to my grandmother's notes) married Herold Schubert (Herold was b. June 7, 1919) -- Herold was the son of Otto August Schubert (b. Sept. 3, 1883 in Richford, WI), and Otto was the son of my ancestors Johann/John Ludwig Schubert and Maria Julianna Wichner.

(Connection #2) Albert Pomplun (of Newton) married Ella Louise Schubert. Ella was the daughter of William Frederich Schubert and Bertha Amanda Mittelstaedt [who is also distantly related to me]. Bertha was a widow of Mr. Wedell. William Schubert was the son of my ancestor John/Johann Ludwig Schubert and his second wife Rosina Otto.

(Connection #3) LaVerne Mae Hell married a Pomplun. LaVerne was the child of Ella Mueher and her husband Otto Hell. Ella was the daughter of Emma Amelia Tagatz who married Wilhelm Ludwig Mueher. Emma was the daughter of August Carl Tagatz and Ottilie Judas. August was the son of Ferdinand Carl Tagatz and Anna Sophie Gaatz, and Ferdinand was the son of my ancestors Martin Tagatz, Sr. and Gustine/Justina Messall. It really is a stretch to find the connection, but these connections show how intertwined the families got in the Marquette County area.

I hope I haven't totally confused anyone with my posts.

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2002 9:49PM GMT
Oh Jean- You did not confuse anyone-I did! The connection is of course through Albert, that is our ancestor. Thanks for your info.
One other interesting thing - the Hell name comes in there and coincidently that is the family living on the original Pomplun homestead. I believe Albert was raised there as well.

Posted: 6 May 2004 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Pomplun, Cannon
Albert was the younger brother of Edward C. Pomplun, who was married to my grandmother's sister, Adeline L. Cannon.

In the 1880 Fed. Census I find the family listed:
Gust Pomplun - Farmer
Herman -21
Edw. - 19
August - 16
Lewis - 14
Owaldt - 11
Albert - 9
Robert - 7

I have info. on the Cannon side of the family and the children of Edw. & Adeline.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions