Search for content in message boards

CHRISTIAN POULSEN

CHRISTIAN POULSEN

Walter Deas (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2007 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Poulsen, Olsen, Tooney, Kjeldgaard
CHRISTIAN POULSEN: Said to be from Aalborg and born about 1887. Parents were Niels Poulson (b 5.5.1854) & Larsina Olsen (b 25.7.1856). Children were: Paul, emigrated to USA. Never married: Twins, Yens & Kirstine: Christain, emigrated to Australia, married Kath (?): Jorgen, emigrated to USA. Married & divorced, no children: Petrine, never married: Dorthea, emigrated to Australia, married James Tooney:: Neils, emigrated to the USA, married Egon, divorced.

Christian Poulsen had the following children Cynthia, Audrey Lillian, Pamela, Robert and Eileen. He was a successful fisherman operating out of Gladstone, Queensland. He obtained a sub-lease of a turtle soup processing factory on Heron Island in 1932. But could see better opportunities and set about changing the factory into a small tourist resort. This was built up over the years. He was lost at sea in 1947 and the family ran the resort until 1980 when the P&O Group purchased all the shares. Today it is aworld class resort, all due to Captain Christian Poulsen from Denmark. I want to acknowledge this man in a historical video I intend to produce (financed out of my own pocket. I am very keen to trace his birthplace and obtain photographs or a video sequence to be included in the proposed video. I am also seeking any descendants who might have photographs of Christian as a youngster.

Larsina Olsen had a sister, Kirsten Katrine (Katherine)(b 1862) who married Peder Kjeldgaard.The children were Kirsten and Anders (Anders died aged 20 of TB). Peder had a brewery at Fjerrirslev. When he died Kirsten ran the business. eventually gifted to the town as a museum. This may be the Bryggergardens Museum ?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated so as I can give Captain Christian Poulsen his rightful place in Queensland history.

Regards, Walter Deas.

Re: CHRISTIAN POULSEN.

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: poulsen, platt
A Christian Poulsen, from Denmark, was a great grandfather who came to New Zealand. A daughter, Christina Rebecca Poulson married my grandfather,
Henry Platt. They had 11 children (including Herman Victor Platt, my father)
and 4 foster children.

Re: CHRISTIAN POULSEN

Posted: 14 May 2011 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Poulson Poulsen Lord
I believe Christian Poulsen (also documented in various Queensland records as Cristian Poulson) married Katherine Mary Lord (Catherine) in 1923. Other than a son Robert, I haven't been able to find records of the children you mention. Perhaps I will keep experimenting with different spelling.
I think this Catherine Lord was my husband's great aunt, the sister of his grandfather Robert Thomas Lord.

I would be interested if you have any other information about Catherine Lord, her mother, siblings or children
Thank you, Jo

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 2:04AM GMT
Does anyone know how I can contact Pamela Poulsen as I'm trying to interview her about Frank Hurley who photographed her at Heron Island in 1949. Tristram Miller

Posted: 16 Jul 2011 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Poulson Lord
Records show Christian did marry Katherine Mary Lord, with whom he had 6 children, one deceased in infancy. He later divorced her for desertion and raised the children.

Katherine had two older siblings, a brother Robert Thomas and a sister Elsie Jane. Their mother was Kate Lord (unmarried).

Elsie is my maternal great-grandmother. Am happy to share any info I have.
Kath.

Posted: 21 Jul 2011 6:15AM GMT
Hello Kath
Can you contact me, as I have info re Lords willing to share?
Thanks
Jo

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2012 11:39AM GMT
Dear Walter,
The Brewery is called Fjerritslev.
I don't have much information other than I'm related and that my grandad Mr. B. Poulsen (born in the 1920's) was asked to take over after Christian, but kindly said no. I also have old souvenirs, t-shirt and two mugs with pictures from Heron Island. Please ask if you feel like.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 8:27AM GMT
Hi my name is Janet Poulsen I am trying to find some information about my fathers family. Dad passed away 46 years ago.His name is Paul christian Neil Poulsen.
He was born in 1920 His mother susanna Jensen was an unwed mother.
The information we told was that dads father was named Christian Poulsen he was a sea captian who drowned at sea. We were told he was born in Denmark and immigrated to Australia, he had a brother who immigrated to America (Dad and Mum received an invitation to his wedding) Mum passed away 2 years ago and was suffering from dementia, we could not quiz her about relevant information. I would love to know anything as its all unknown
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions