Search for content in message boards

Thomas Montgomery born 1757 in County Fermanagh

Thomas Montgomery born 1757 in County Fermanagh

M.N. McCulloch (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Montgomery, Graham, Bothwell, Johnston
Thomas Montgomery was born abt 1757 in County Fermanagh. He died on 10 Mar 1830 in Quebec, Lower Canada. His wife Mary ??? was born abt 1760 in Ireland. She died on 25 Jan 1831 in Quebec, Lower Canada. Their children were; John-1784, Johnston-1786, *William-1788, Thomas-1790, Robert-1792, Edward-1792 (twins), James-1794.

*William married Jane Graham in abt 1812. They had 9 daughters and 2 sons.

I also am looking for the parents of Jane Graham. She was born in Ireland. Also, looking for the parents of Thomas and Mary ?? Montgomery, as well as siblings.

Any and all help would be apprecited. Will gladly share the information!

Dia McCulloch - dialei@nu-world.com

Grahams

Bob Graham (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Have details of many Fermanagh Grahams. Get in touch to see if I can be of help.

Thomas & Mary Montgomery

Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Montgomery, Blakely, Johnston
I have been in contact with Ken Dworschak (ken_dworschak@cyberus.ca)
on the Internet. We haven't been able to make a connection between our two Montgomerys, who resided in Lower Canada in th 1850s on.
You and he are of the same family; perhaps you are in contact with him.

My interest is finding any connection between the Johnstons and Montgomerys. Alex M., my husband's g/g/grandfather was born in Ireland in 1793, lived near Enniskillen, Married Hannah Blakely, had six children - Hannah, Eliza Jane, Catherine, Hugh, Andrew, James ; imigrated to Kingston Falls Township, Lower Canada, Drummond County in 1853.
Catherine married William Johnston in 1855 and they had one child.
A Mary Montgomery is mentioned on their joint gravestone, wife of Thomas Sproull, d. 1859 at 66.
Our ancestor is not listed on any land records, but his property seems in the vicinity of Johnston Montgomery's..both in Drummond County.
I know Alex followed a relative to Canada, but do not know who, or when that relative emigrated from Ireland.

Graham Family

Doreen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
My gm Anne Jane Graham Hutchinson's family was from Grahams of Killeshanfra area of co. Cavan and then came to Co Fermanagh. Let me see some names of your Grahams. I wonder about my gm naming her ist daughter-Rebecca Jane( maybe after her gm) and ist son-Robert William( maybe after her gf?? Ples let me hear about your Grahams and related lines! Thanks-Doreen

GRAHAM, William Henry-Canada

Posted: 7 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2003 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Graham
I am looking for any connection to my ancestor, William Henry GRAHAM who was born about 1784. In 1851 (the year of the Cencus) he was living in Hastings County, Province of Ontario, Canada, with his son James S. Graham and his wife Margaret. We can trace from William to present but nothing back into history. The story goes that he and several brothers immigrated to Canada.

ENNISKILLEN-MONOGHAN

Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: JOHN GIBSON, GEORGE GIBSON, BEATTY GRAHAM, ANN MC SHAY, MARGARET CARLETON
JOHN bap 15 Aug 1819, Lineskea, par Aghalulcher, Parish
Magherestephana, co Fermanagh, 27 days old. GEORGE GIBSON, F/O JOHN Officer in Queen's Guard at Buckingham Palace. Who did John and two sisters, Marie and Catherine live with? A letter from him in 1913 says he played on Maguires Bridge. Mother was Margaret Carleton.

BEATTY GRAHAM born in Monogham, married ANN MC SHAY they both came to NY about 1820. Ann's brother was Lt Col John
W Mc Shay (Shea) of possibly Bengal Lancers.

ENNISKILLEN-MONOGHAN

Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: JOHN GIBSON, GEORGE GIBSON, BEATTY GRAHAM, ANN MC SHAY, MARGARET CARLETON
JOHN bap 15 Aug 1819, Lineskea, par Aghalulcher, Parish
Magherestephana, co Fermanagh, 27 days old. GEORGE GIBSON, F/O JOHN Officer in Queen's Guard at Buckingham Palace. Who did John and two sisters live with? A letter from him in 1913 says he played on Maguires Bridge. Mother was Margaret Carleton.

BEATTY GRAHAM born in Monogham, married ANN MC SHAY they both came to NY about 1820. Ann's brother was Lt Col John
W Mc Shay (Shea) of possibly Bengal Lancers.

Graham Barton family

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2005 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Graham, Barton, Irvine, Magee
I have an Isabella Graham married to Robert John Barton on 3.02.1852 at Tubrid Church, Drumkeeran Parish, Magheraculmoney, Co. Fermanagh They had Ann(Annie), Elizabeth Jane, John, William and then migrated to Paisley Scotland about mid 1860's. where Robert and Isabella were born. Robert John Barton's father was James Barton who married Ann Irvine on 19.01.1826 at Longfield Magheraculmoney. There was also a son Gerard Barton ch. 24.05.1835 in Magheraculmoney. Isabella Graham's father was John Graham a farmer and mother was Ann McGhee or Magee.

Re: Thomas Montgomery born 1757 in County Fermanagh

Trish Kovaleski (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 4:40AM GMT
I am searching for some Mcculloch's and wondered if you could help. My husband's mother died 30 yrs ago in the US. My father in law was in the military, he married Margaret Murphy McCulloch, and brought her home with him. They had two sons and she died on the operating table from a heart condition. Her parent's names were Thomas and Helen McCulloch, she had two sisters Maimie Hemphill, Nancy Hill, both of their husband's names were Tommy, and Margaret had a brother named tommy. Nancy had a grand daughter born in 1979 named Nicola Hill, we found that info in a letter. We would love to contact the family. Thank you in advance for any help. Trish kovaleski

Re: ENNISKILLEN-MONOGHAN

Jill (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2002 3:01PM GMT
Are these references any good to you? I found them in Kew, London while looking for my Gibsons and Grahams in Co. Fermanagh and Monaghan:-Isaac Gibson Glentubrit, Monaghan. Service -1826 (aged 37 now) Ist. Foot Reg. 2nd. & 8th. Royal Veterans Ref:- WO971133.
John Gibson Derryroland, Fermanagh 1798-1816 aged 40 (now) 13th. Royal Vererans Batt.. Doc. ref:- WO 97/ 1131
John Gibson Derryvollen, Fermanagh 1809-1816 aged 27(now) 18th. Foot
Doc. ref:-WO97/1144
Gideon Gibson Tulby Corbett, Monaghan. 1806-1814 aged 26 (now) 49th. Foot R. Doc. ref:- WO97/631
I am afraid that I do not know how you go about getting these documents through the post. Perhaps the PRO in Kew, London has a web site with instructions. Jill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic