Search for content in message boards

Hamm/Box

Posted: 17 Nov 2001 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 2:58AM GMT
searching for information on Millie E. Hamm Box married Bud Box. A sister to Tamsie A. Hamm Potts. Also any information on Tom and Jane Ragan (?) Hamm. Tom raised Millie and Tamsie after their parents died.

Re: Hamm/Box

Posted: 18 Nov 2001 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2002 1:15AM GMT
My GGGrandpa Box had a son named Bud Box born in 1881 and died in 1926. Could this be the Bud Box you have listed in your message?

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: Prosser/Hamm/Potts
I believe this is the Bud Box that I am searching for. He married Millie Hamm, who was a sister to Tamsie Hamm. Tamsie married Houston Potts who are my husbands g-g-grandparents. Also Millie and Tamsie had 3 half brothers and a half sister . They are Prossers. Any information you could give us regarding Millie would be appreciated and will share what I already have, if you are interested. A cousin from the Prosser side is working on it in Tn.

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 4:10PM GMT
Could the Bud Box you speak of have been Loyd Tillman Box. Mille E. Hamm married Loyd Tillman Box in 1898. Tamsy A. Hamm married Houston D. Potts in Tippah Co., MS in 1899.If Loyd Tillman Box was called "Bud", then I believe he and Millie are buried in Shiloh Church Cemetary along with Bud's father, John J. Box. This cemetary is located in east central Tippah Co., close to the Alcorn Co., MS line.

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Prosser/Hamm/Box/Potts
Yes, I believe this is the same Bud Box, he married Millie E. Hamm in 1898. Tamsie married Hus Potts in 1899. Hus and Tamsie are my husband's g-grandparents. Tamsie is buried at Shiloh Cemetery in Tippah County. Hus is buried at Lone Oak Cemetery in Alcorn County. Bud's name was Loyd Tillman, and he is buried at Shiloh Cemetery. Any information related to Millie and Bud would be very much appreciated. We have located a daughter of Millie's in Chleybeate, Ms. Will gladly share any information Thanks,
Pam

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 2:41AM GMT
Loyd Box and Milly Box are listed on the 1900 Fed. census report for Alcorn Co., MS along with a son born in Feb. 1900 named John. Milly's parents are listed as being from AL.

Thelma (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Potts
In regards to your POTTS! Are they related to Susan Jane Judson Potts from Miss? She was my GreatGrandmother. She was Born in 1850 in Ripley MS, her Father was Cicero C. Potts and Mother was Teresa Lucinda Berry. Thank you in Advance for your help....................Thelma

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Box Bates Hamm Barnes Barns Tillman
Lloyd Tillman (Bud) Box and Millie Hamm are my great grandparents. Viola Box-Bates was my grandmother. I tried to email Ms. Prosser earlier but the email address was bad. Some family members are indeed buried at Shiloh; however, many are buried at Golden Hills Cemetery as well.

Would love to touch base to trace this side of the family further back. Feel free to email me at scotty.barnes at g mail . com

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic