Search for content in message boards

William Alonzo Waterman-Rhode Island

William Alonzo Waterman-Rhode Island

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waterman
I am new to ancestory.com and I am trying to research the family of William Alonzo Waterman-is anyone able to point me int he right direction?

Re: William Alonzo Waterman-Rhode Island

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 1:05PM GMT
Hi Gina.
I am interested in the Waterman family - my great great aunt was a musichall and cinema performer, Cissie Loftus. Her second husband was Dr Alonzo Higbee Waterman ( there has to be a connection with a name like that !)They divorced rather acrimoniously I understand but I would be interested in any info you might have ?
Mary.

Re: William Alonzo Waterman-Rhode Island

Posted: 21 Jan 2009 11:49PM GMT
I married into the Waterman family (43 yrs ago). Our granddaughter & I have been doing Waterman research for the past couple of years. We had a head start from some family papers left to my husband. Anyway, my husband's great grandfather was named Franklin ALONZO Waterman. He was born in Johnston, RI 02/16/1844 and died in Providence, RI 04/06/1886. He married Hannah EDDY in Providence on 05/30/1867. We have not found the ALONZO name in any of our other research. I know it was common at the time to sometimes use the family Doctor's name as a middle name for a child, and I am wondering if that is the case here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic