Search for content in message boards

Duncans from Scotland to America

Duncans from Scotland to America

Marie Austin-Tyrone (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DUNCAN
Family bible records show George Duncan b. 6/7/1785 in Scotland m. Mary Alberger (Alburger) in Philadelphia, Pa. 1/19/1809, had 11 children, George Cleaver, Philip Simpson, Susanna R., Samuel Atherton, Charles K., Mary Elizabeth, William A., Jane Maria, Nathaniel Smith, David P. & Adam Jackson. Died 2/18/ 1862 in Johnstown, Pa. Bible states George and 2 brothers came over(brothers names not given), one of them went west, the other south, George stayed in Pa. Searching for Scottish or American relatives. I am descended from Samuet Atherton, through Samuel Wallace and Samuel Edwin, railroad men, and ultimately S.W and S.E. found their home in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Duncans from Scotland to America

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 1:24AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2003 2:59PM GMT
Marie.......I think that your Mary Alberger may have been an aunt of my g-g-g-grandfather Henry Alburger b. 1810 in Philadelphia....I'm still trying to figure out whose son he was there Adam, Christopher and Phillip and some more I can't recall at present. The were "victuallers". The had been butchers in Germany. If I learn anything else I'll post it. Judith

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 9:11PM GMT
i believe that you are right there. I have a family tree that my grandfathers cousin completed in I believe 1979 and these names are mentioned. Elizabeth would have been a sister of your relative and my great grandmother times 4. They are Alb ergers yet I can not find exactly where all these people fit in. I believe that they are children of Adam alberger Jr yet this is just conjecture. I would be happy to scan copies to you. The other mystery is mary and Philip Cleaver. They are at the top of this tree and I believe that mary was an Alberger yet again a mystery. Any ideas would be wonderful. Annie Bowes

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 7:05AM GMT
Surnames: Duncan, Alburger
Marie..George and Mary Alburger are my ggggrandparents... might have too many "g"s in there.
Would be interested in sharing information...
Louise Hudson, grdtr of Samuel Duncan
louhdsn@yahoo.com

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 7:07AM GMT
Surnames: Duncan, Alburger
Some of the Duncans were butchers, also.
One grandfather in Ardmore, Pa.
Louise Hudson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic