Search for content in message boards

Petersons & McClintocks

Petersons & McClintocks

Posted: 24 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Dec 2002 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Peterson, McClintock
My husband is a descendant of James Sutton Peterson and James McClintock of Crawford Co. His grandmother, Juva Belle Peterson, was the daughter of Sidney Dell Peterson and Minnie B. McClintock. I believe her father was James. Sidney's father was Samuel Ayers Peterson, and his father was John Townsend Peterson, son of James Sutton Peterson and Elizabeth Abbott. I would like to hear from others who are researching these names. Thank you.

Pererson

Kenneth C. Tarr (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Have information on the Peterson family in Crawford County. Peterson is not the family name. The family name is Sutton.

Petersons & McClintocks of Crawford Co.

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2002 2:35AM GMT
Sorry to be so slow answering. I have been on vacation. My email address is themans@netmcr.com. I would like to share James Sutton Peterson, etc., information with you. Bea

Re: Petersons & McClintocks

Charles Coulter (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2005 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Coulter, Robertson, Sutton, Loper, Newbold, Bortner
I am part of the Sutton Chain. My third great grandparents are John and Anna Trace Sutton. Jon came to PA as avery young boy with his father John and Anna Garrison Sutton from New Jersey. I have records of this John married to a Stand Loper in New Jersey. Did this John and Stand come to PA also or is it the same John married to Anna Garrison? Someone may have the answer hidden in all the history of the Sutton, Abbott and Peterson data.

Charles Coulter Port Charlotte, FL

Re: Petersons & McClintocks

Bea Mansfield (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2005 3:17PM GMT
This is all I have on the Suttons. I did not do any research myself to prove this information. My research was done on James Sutton Peterson's line. Bea

Descendants of THOMAS COATES SUTTON

1 THOMAS COATES SUTTON b: 1720 in Frankford, Philadelphia, PA d: Dec 1803 in Pittsgove, Salem, NJ
. +Unknown b: Abt. 1716 in Deptford, Gloucester, NJ d: Bef. 1803 in NJ m: Abt. 1737 in Gloucester, NJ
..... 2 Thomas Sutton (Abbott) b: 1738 in NJ d: Bef. Sep 1816
..... 2 Jacob Sutton b: 1740 in Deptford, Gloucester, NJ d: 26 Jun 1778 in Long Island, NY
......... +Mary Abbit Father: Abdon Abbit
..... 2 John Sutton b: 1742 in Deptford, Gloucester, NJ d: Bet. 1803 - 1816 in Geneva, Crawford Co., PA
..... 2 Joseph Sutton b: 1744 in Deptford, Gloucester, NJ d: 1819 in Pittsgove, Salem, NJ
..... 2 JAMES SUTTON/PETERSON b: 1746 in Old Red Bank, Gloucester Co, NJ d: 16 Feb 1837 in Greenwood Twp, Crawford Co, PA
......... +ELIZABETH ABBOTT OR ABBIT b: 1753 in Pittsgove, Salem, NJ d: 18 Aug 1841 in Greenwood Twp, Crawford Co, PA Father: ABDON ABBITT Mother: ELIZABETH BLEW m: 08 Jul 1813 in Washington, PA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic