Search for content in message boards

Shelton, Woodleif or Rosina TN and Ala

Shelton, Woodleif or Rosina TN and Ala

Posted: 1 Apr 2000 1:35PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:55PM GMT
I am looking for info. on Woodleif T. Shelton b=02-18-1834,d=02-28-1902 and his daughter+ Rosina Isabelle Shelton, b+12-21-1859, d= 01-26-1933
Ruth Huffine rhuffine@bellsouth.net

Woodlief Thomas SHELTON

Dora Gordon Whisenant (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Easterly
I have info on Woodlief's family by second marriage to Amanda Belle EASTERLY. This family was in Jackson County, AL, then removed to Chattanooga, TN.

Woodlief Thomas Shelton

Posted: 15 May 2000 6:29PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Martin
I am wondering if Woodleif was married more than two times. I have a letter from a woman who lives in Templeton CA who says she is the grandaughter of Woodleif Thomas Shelton's wife, Allison B. Martin. This wife died in 1926. She states that her father, Thomas Shelton was Woodleif's youngest child by his marriage to Allison. This woman is looking for a picture of Woodleif and his wife, Elizabeth Young and wondered if I have a copy. (I don't). Please let me know what info. you have. Thanks, Ruth Huffine rhuffine@bellsouth.net

Woodlief Thomas SHELTON

Posted: 15 May 2000 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Easterly, Chapman
According to info I have on this family, Woodlief Thomas SHELTON (1834-1902) mar 1) Elizabeth YOUNG; 2) Amanda BElle EASTERLY. This Woodlief was son of Shepard SHELTON (1791-1876) Rosina CHAPMAN. Shepard's brother, Woodlief (1787- ), m. Sarah MOORE and they had grandson, Woodlief Thomas SHELTON, b. ca1843, Jackson County, AL.

Woodlief Thomas SHELTON

Posted: 17 May 2000 3:15PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Martin
I found a note today that I copied from book on Confederate widows which says that Woodlief T. SHETON, b. 1834, Jackson County, AL, mar 2) Allison B. MARTIN, d. 1925. It appears he was married three times.

Woodlief T. Shelton

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 7:11PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2005 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Shelton
Dora, I was wondering, do you show Woodlief's father to be Shepard Shelton (b 1791,d 1876)?Also, then do you show Shepard's father to be William F. (1767-1857) ? If so, then who do you show to be William F.'s father? I seem to lost along this point. Thanks, Ruth rhuffine@bellsouth.net

Woodlief SHELTON

Posted: 10 Sep 2000 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2005 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Taylor
I have William SHELTON Martisha TAYLOR who married 1785 in Pittsylvania Co., VA as parents of Woodlief, Liston and Shepard SHELTON. Woodlief and Shepard came from N.C. to Lincoln Co., TN then moved before 1830 to Jackson Co., ALA. Martisha was sister to Edmund TAYLOR, my husband's ancestor. Four of Edmund's sons (James, William, Edmund John Young) came to Lincoln Co., TN from Iredell Co., N.C. between 1810-1825.

William Shelton and Martisha Taylor

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 10:50AM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2005 12:00AM GMT
Thanks for the reply. Two questions: I've seen Martisha's name also spelled Matitia. Is it documented somewhere that it is Martisha? It surely sounds right. Also, who do you show is the father of William Shelton who married Martisha? I thought it was John (1741-1804) But am not sure. If you believe it to be John, who do you show is his wife? Mary/Martha Payne? I am wondering if John is William's father, who are the other siblings? Guess I asked you more than two questions!!! Thanks, Ruth

William SHELTON/Martisha TAYLOR

Posted: 3 Oct 2000 5:32PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 5:32PM GMT
According to "Shelton County" by April Miller, William SHELTON who married 1785, Pittsylvania Co., VA, to Martisha TAYLOR was the son of John SHELTON, Jr., grandson of John SHELTON, Sr. and wife, Elizabeth ?, and gr-grandson of Ralph SHELTON, Sr. and Mary CRISPIN. The TAYLORs were in Pittsylvania Co. too and eventually moved to Montgomery, Mecklenburg and Iredell Cos., N.C. before moving to Lincoln Co, TN. There are people in Jackson Co., AL that are descended from William SHELTON and Martisha TAYLOR.

William F. Shelton Martisha Taylor

Posted: 4 Oct 2000 7:18AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Robertson, Beuford
Dora, thanks, for your message. There are so many people now who disagree with April Miller in her thinking that William F. is the son of John. Some now think that he descends from Abraham m. Chloe Robertson (Abraham b 1737 - d 1789) who was the son of Crispen m Letitia Beuford. Do you know anyone who has a will from Abraham and Chloe? It would be interesting to see how their William is listed. Some Sheltons don't believe there was a John Jr. and/or that if there was, some of the children attributed to him were not his. It gets confusing, doesn't it? Thanks, Ruth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions