Search for content in message boards

Shook Family Reunion

Shook Family Reunion

Posted: 30 Jan 2006 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2006 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: SHOOK
Dear Shook Family

I am going to try to have a SHOOK FAMILY REUNION in July, I know it is a hot month for everyone especially here in Texas but, I am trying to make it easy for all to come. Because that’s about the time school is out and just before school starts for the kids. I have never thrown a family reunion before but I am going to try to do my best. And if it works out I’m up to suggestions for next year. Any help will do. Just to let you know about me and my line of Shook’ s my name is Cheryl Lynn Velasquez Drzymala my husbands name is Arnold Lee Drzymala Sr.. We have been married for 30 years. My mother is Lorene Shook who is married to Shirley Jackson; my mother’s father was Carroll Leon Shook who married to Stella Roe. Carroll’s father was Lincoln Clyde Shook who married Minnie Marian Hemphill. Lincoln’s father was Jacob D. Shook who married Jenny Moffitt and then married Catherine Mohola Howell. Jacob’s father was David S.( Grandville ) Shook who was married to Indiana Diehl. David’s father was John N. Shook who married Sarah Harper and John N. Shook’ s father was John N Shook who married Arrana Porter then married Dorcas Ball. And then to a Elizabeth?. So just to let you all know where my line of Shook’s come in. I hope you all can make it. I would love to meet you all. When I started doing my Family Tree Books I didn’t realize that there was so much of my family out there that I haven’t met yet. I would love to get as much information together and have my books made with explanations on how we got here and where we come from and our life and trails. Just to let you know all information in my Books are only for family use. I will never put any information on the internet. And any books will stay with the Shook Family. I will share my information with any Shook members but if I am asked not to I will not share there information until its ok to share it. What I have found out so far is so interesting to read. Little notes or pictures makes my books worth reading. Well I hope to get to meet each and everyone of you sooner or later. God Bless.

Cheryl Drzymala
7139 South Loop 1604 East
Elmendorf Texas 78112
Email : angeleyes78101@aol.com Home Phone: 210-635-8806
SHOOK REUNION

DATE: JULY 8th 2006
WHERE: BRAUNING LAKE,
SAN ANTONIO TEXAS

THERE WILL BE A PARK AREA RESERVED FOR THE 7TH 8TH AND 9TH FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CAMP AND DO SOME FISHING. OR JUST VISIT. THERE IS A COMFORT INN AND A RV PARK NEXT TO LAKE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD BE STAYING OVER NIGHT. OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU COULD JUST PITCH A TENT NEXT TO THE LAKE. THERE IS NO ELETRICITY. THERE IS RESTROOMS AND A PLAY AREA FOR YOUNG CHILDREN, WE WILL BE HAVING HORSE SHOES , AND VOLLEY BALL WILL BE SET UP FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO PLAY. DON’T FORGET TO BRING ANY OLD PICTURES, OR INFORMATION ON YOUR FAMILY, THAT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO ADD TO MY SHOOK FAMILY TREE BOOKS. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE. MY BOOKS WILL BE THERE FOR EVERYONE TO LOOK AT.

FEE’S FOR LAKE ARE
6 YR. TO 15 YR. $ 2.00
16 YR.TO 65 YR. $ 4.00
65 AND OLDER $ 2.00
BOATS ARE $ 3.00
FOR A 24 HR. PERIOD
NO CHARGE FOR RV’S

ON THE 8TH DINNER WILL START BEING SERVED AT 2:00 P.M. THERE WILL BE A BOX SET UP FOR DONATIONS TO COVER FOOD EXPENSE. FOR THOSE WHO CARE TO DONATE. THERE WILL BE A TABLE SET UP FOR ANYONE WANTING TO BRING A DESERT.

MENU
BRISKET & SAUSAGE / BBQ.SAUCE
RANCH STYLE BEANS
POTATO SALAD
COLE SLAW
BREAD / PICKEL & ONION PKS
JALPENOS
TEA
RSVP = PLEASE SO WE CAN ACOMMADATE FOR FOOD.

Cheryl or Arnold Drzymala Lorene Shook
7139 south loop 1604 east 1513 Gibbs
Elmendorf Texas 78112 210 635 8806 San Antonio Texas 78210 210 225 1244

IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION ON RV PARK AND COMFORT INN EMAIL ME AT ANGELEYES78101@AOL.COM

Davis S. Shook & Indiana Deal descendant -missing, now found in California

Michael Parker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2006 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shook, Deal, Page, Roberts, Junor, Parker
To the Shook Family,

I just saw your posting so I must have missed the Shook reunion. Nonetheless, I thought I would say hello since we are descended from the same Shooks.

David S. Shook
married
Indiana Deal

their son
James Porter Shook (1858-1934)
married
Etta Josephine Page (1862-1914)

their daughter
Ollie "Olive" May Josephine Shook (1884-1982)
married
1st - Frank Roberts
(2nd husband James Sprague - no kids with him)

their daughter
Marguerite Hazelle Roberts (1904-1987)
married
John Bruce Junor (1893-1979)
These are my grandparents. I knew them and my great-grandmother Olive, as she lived to be 98.

You can see John Bruce Junor's extensive ancestry (and Marguerite Hazelle Roberts mentioned) at:
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi op=GET&db=rsbalfour&id=15232

I have many Shook family photos that were left to me, including great aunts and great uncles.

I have been compiling information for quite some time and will likely soon post it.

Best wishes,

Michael J. Parker
California
California1855@aol.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic