Search for content in message boards

James Underwood MO AR

James Underwood MO AR

jim (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2000 2:18PM GMT
Martha Underwood b. abt 1830 in Mo daughter of James Underwood b 1804 VA lived with family in Mo. They moved to Arkansas. Her mother was Elizabeth. I don't have any idea of what Elizabeth's name was before she married Underwood. Martha had a brother or "uncle" stolen by the indians. Does anyone know this family?

James Underwood reply

Robert Underwood (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 3:28PM GMT
my name is robert underwood and i have a number of relatives in arkansas and missouri my oldest living relative is Louie Underwood from Missouri i am going to ask him about you queston and get back to you but this mname sounds familiar. Louie's mother was full blooded Choctaw indian from arkansas

Underwood uncle

Jim (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 4:15PM GMT
Anxious to know what you find out. Thanks

Grandfather

Posted: 10 Jun 2000 11:08AM GMT
I had a Great grandfather that was born in 1889 and died in 1971 he was from Piggott Clay,AR his name was Luther Underwood and i believe he had 7 brothers but dont quote me on the brother thing cause im not sure he was married to a Choctaw woman and i havent got her name yet but i will

Underwood grandpa

jim (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 12:47PM GMT
The Underwood family was from around Smithville AR. Was your grandfather part indian? Our relative seemed to have had one son. He and his son came back to the Smithville area. The son stayed but then went back. He (the son) was half indian and went back to his mother's people so he would probably have married an indian girl and their children would be mostly indian. We have no idea of what the son's name was.

Underwood names to ask about

jim (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 1:08PM GMT
Perhaps if you asked Louie's mom if any of these names sound familiar.. Capt James Underwood, Martha Margaret, David, John Jamison, Matilda, it might help jog her memory and give you a lead. They reused names a lot. There is a good family listing at www.spaceports.com/cgi-bin/ad.cgi?960667063 He has several families go to the Underwood family geneology.

Underwood names to ask about

jim (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 1:35PM GMT
sorry Robert but the web address I gave you before only opens the advertising part of this mans web page. So the correct address is www.spaceports.com/~oddballz/index.html
After you get there is when you go to the geneology part and click on the name Underwood. New at this and what shows up in the address part isn't always where you think you are I guess.

underwoods

Connie Underwood Enbody (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 10:13PM GMT
my dad, Henry Irving Underwood Jr
dob 01/19/25 told me we were part indian could u help maybe

underwood ark ill mo

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 7:11PM GMT
i dont know if this is right but james asbury underwood married a martha smith and had two children while living in union county ill she then died and he marrieid a woman named elizabeth belew they then moved to piggot ark and james joined the union forces and died while visiting his mother mary ledbetter underwood in ill i dont know if this what you are looking for but im digging for more i will reply again

underwood

jim (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 6:18PM GMT
thank you for writing. I"m anxious to hear more of what you found. thanks jim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic