Search for content in message boards

1830 look up please

1830 look up please

Teri (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MORRIS
Can someone do a lookup on this for me. I'd like to find out if this could possibly be the husband/father of my MORRIS line. I am thinking he could be the brother to Enoch MORRIS, from the War of 1812. There were 5 MORRIS in Green Co in 1830. The Enoch who is close to this William I beleive is the Enoch from the war of 1812.

William Gree 348

1850 U S Census - Illinois - Hancock - Not Stated - Image 212
Morris, Nancy Head W F 52 OH (or Indiana)

Levi Son W M 30 IN (I have born abt 1820 from the1870 census)

Susan Daughter W F 28 IN (I have abt 1822 from all other census found with her)

William Son W M 23 IN (Abt 1827 or 1828 possibly)

Enoch Son W M 19 IN (Abt 1828)

Squire D.Son W M 15 IN (Would have not been born than but we have him born in 1832 Greene Co.)

There may be more kids also. All the kids but Susan and Squire had parents born Indiana. For some reason Susan had Ohio and Squire had Kutucky for father Tennessee for mother or reversed in other census never had them in indiana. It could be Nancy was born in Ohio and the kids thought Indiana since all of them were from Indiana OR Susan could have gave the info in the 1850 census)

Thank You In Advance

Re: 1830 look up please

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 12:43AM GMT
Teri. Do you know that prior to the 1850 census, all censuses contained only the name of the head of household. All others (including the head of household) are listed by gender and approximate age, i,e, under 5, 5 to 10, etc. Don

Teri (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: MORRIS-JOHNSON
Yes i am aware of that. There was a Thomas MORRIS in Greene Co. Indiana besides others but his childen almost matched the number.ages/sex as mine. I'd like to see If This William MORRIS would match better.

Thank You

Posted: 25 Apr 2006 12:12AM GMT
Teri. I actually only found 3 Morris families in the 1830 census for Greene county, they were headed by Enoch, Thomas, and William. The family headed by William had the following members: males; under 5 = 1, of 10 but under 15 = 2, and of 30 but under 40 = 1, and females; under 5 = 1, of 5 but under 10 = 2, of 10 but under 15 = 1, and of 20 but under 30 = 1. Hope this helps. Don

Teri (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 10:16PM GMT
Thank You Don, it sort of matches although it would put my 2nd great grandfather being bor about 1830 not 1828 (going by census records only)

A cousin who found me online that is related by my 2nd grt grandfathers brother may have found another man who could possibly be our 3rd grt grandfather. All we know are the kids names in the 1850 census with a lady named Nancy, we are assuming is their mother. We beleive there are at least 2 more siblings unknown at this time..one being a male, other possibly female.

The Enoch in that census I beleive is the one from the war of 1812..not sure yet.

Again Thank You

BTW-We went online for marriages in Indiana for ALL male MORRIS married to a Nancy. the closest we found was a Gary MORRIS to a Nancy HUGHS (HUGHES???)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic