Search for content in message boards

Isaacs

Isaacs

Andrea Sue Isaacs Arkle (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Isaacs, Johnson
Godfrey Isaacs and Keziah Johnson of Jackson County were my gggggrandparents. I am a downline through their son Andrew Jackson Isaacs. Does anyone have a list of all their children and possible birthdates? Any other info? From reading the other queries I have learned that Godfrey and Keziah died along with Andrew in 1863 of Typhoid.

Andrew Jackson Isaacs

Aaron T. Isaacs (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs
Hi Andria,
I have responded direct with an attachment on Andrew Jackson
Best
Aaron T. Isaacs
Plainview, Texas

ISAACS/LAX(LAKES)

Sue Arkle (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ISAACS, LAX
My records show that Andrew Jackson Isaacs married Matilda Lax(Lakes) on May 7, 1839. Andrew was born abt 1819 either in Floyd or Clay County, Kentucky. He died on September 2, 1863 of Typhoid Fever. He was a soldier in the Civil War when he came down with Typhoid and was sent home. He died along with both of his parents (Godfrey Isaacs and Keziah Johnson) and his sister Rebecca and a brother, Samuel. He was a 1st Lieutenant in the 1st or 2nd Kentucky Mounted Infantry in the Union Army. He was also a Baptist Preacher.
Andrew was my ggggrandfather. I don't know anything about his first wife. Do you have that information? I assumed she died not long after they married because he married Lucinda Carpenter on Sept. 28, 1941. Andrew and Lucinda had eight children before he died. If I can be of further help to you, let me know.

Andrew Isaacs

Laura Schultz (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs, Lax, Lakes
Is this Andrew Isaacs the one who married Mahaly/Matilda Lax (daughter of Carter Lax/Lakes and Eady Skinner Lakes) on 7 May 1840 in Estill Co., KY? I would appreciate any info you could provide about him. Thanks!

Fielden's brother?

S. Douglas Isaacs (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Would your Andrew Jackson Isaacs be the brother of Fielden, Elisha, John, WIlliam...etc?
Fielden (son of Godfrey) is my ggggrandfather, the best I can tell. please respond by e-mail. Thank you

Mahaly Lax, wife of Andrew Isaacs

Laura Schultz Altevers (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lax, Lakes, Lake, Isaacs, Skinner, Brockman, Harrison, Lunsford, Fowler, Reece, Gabbard, Morris, Ross
Sue,

I believe I contacted you via email with info about Mahaly Lax. I should also have posted it here for use of other researchers. Will do so now... better late than never.

Mahaly Lax was the daughter of Carter Lax/Lakes and Eady (nee Skinner). I do not know her birth date, and have only guessed at her place in order of birth in the family. Below is a report on her parents and siblings. More of my info on the Lax/Lakes/Lake line can be viewed at the FTM website (link below).

Laura

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Descendants of Carter Lax

1. CARTER4 LAX (WILLIAM 3RD3, WILLIAM JUNR.2, WILLIAM SENR.1) was born Abt. 1792 in NC, and died Bef. 04 July 1864 in prob. Jackson Co., KY. He married EADY SKINNER 02 December 1816 in Estill Co., KY.

Children of CARTER LAX and EADY SKINNER are:

i. RILEY5 LAKES, b. Abt. 1817, Estill Co., KY; d. May 1852, Jackson Co., KY; m. FRANCIS "FANNIE" BROCKMAN, 24 January 1843, Madison Co., KY.

ii. LUCINDA LAKES, b. 03 March 1817, Estill Co., KY; d. Aft. 1880; m. THOMAS HARRISON, 15 September 1836, Estill Co., KY.

iii. MARY ANN LAKES, b. Abt. 1819, KY; m. JONATHAN C. HARRISON, 28 December 1837, Estill Co., KY.

iv. MAHALY LAX, m. ANDREW ISAACS, 07 May 1840, Estill Co., KY.

v. GREENBERRY LAKES, b. October 1823, KY; m. (1) NANCY HARRISON, 31 January 1839, Estill Co., KY; m. (2) CHARLOTTE LUNSFORD, 10 February 1860.

vi. DELILAH LAKES, b. 03 December 1825, Madison Co., KY; d. 20 October 1899, Jackson Co., KY; m. ELISHA H. HARRISON, 29 April 1849, Estill Co., KY.

vii. EADY LAKES, b. Abt. 1827, KY; d. 03 November 1911, KY; m. ISAAC S. FOWLER, Abt. 25 December 1845, Estill Co., KY.

viii. WILLIAM LAKES, b. Abt. 1830; m. (1) JANE FOWLER, 18 April 1857, Estill Co., KY; m. (2) SARAH REECE, 03 April 1865, prob KY.

ix. MURRELL LAKES, b. 15 October 1832, Estill Co., KY; d. 21 February 1900, Jackson Co., KY; m. MATILDA GABBARD, 11 October 1855, prob. KY.

x. LEANNAH LAKES, b. July 1834, KY; d. Aft. 1900; m. (1) FIELDEN ISAACS, 18 November 1852, Estill Co., KY; m. (2) SHELTON BAKER HARRISON.

xi. JOHN "ONE-EYE" LAKES, b. February 1836, KY; d. Aft. 1920, prob. Jackson Co., KY; m. HANNAH MORRIS, 26 June 1862, Jackson Co., KY.

xii. ARMILDA LAKES, b. 30 April 1838, KY; d. 21 January 1918, Jackson Co., KY; m. SANFORD ROSS, November 1871, Jackson Co., KY.

Andrew Isaacs

Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 8:03AM GMT
Who were Andrew Isaacs parents? I have many Isaacs in Jackson County. Thanks, Debbie

children of Carter LAKES

Kathy Burrows (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LAKES, FARMER, ISAACS, BRANDENBURG, GABBARD, SKINNER, REED, CARPENTER, HARRISON, CAMPBELL, HOWARD, BAKER, MAUPIN
On LDS film # 254628 Jackson, Ky marriages
I have found a Matilda Lax m. Andrew ISAACS
on 7 May 1840. I am wondering if this could be
the Mahaly LAX you have listed as daughter of
Carter LAX and Eady SKINNER? I do not have her
listed as a child of Carter and Eady... what is
the source that brings you to this conclusion?

lucinda carpenter jackson co ky

Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: hurst cain johnson gabbard hurley stewart sloan
i was reading your notation about the isaacs and you were asking about lucinda carpenter. through my nephew, kenneth phillips, notes i find a lucinda carpenter - daughter of stephen carpenter and nancy walker her birth is listed as 1824 b. floyd county ky d. april 25, 1873 jackson county ky maybe this might be the one you are looking for.
linda hurst stewart
hamilton ohio

Isaacs - Lax marriage

Laura Altevers (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs, Lax
From the Estill County Permissive Notes 1809-1892, compiled by Ed Puckett: Carter and Edy Lax, 27 April 1840, for daughter Mahaly to marry Andrew Isaacs, wittness by John Murphy Sr. and Jr., s/Godfry Isaacs Jr.

In which county were Andrew and Mahaly at the taking the 1850 census?

In 1860, Andrew is in Jackson County, with his second wife, Lucinda Carpenter. What happened to Mahaly/Matilda? Did she die before 1860, or were she and Andrew divorced (and if so, where was she in 1860)?

1860 Jackson County KY census, household 45:

Isaacs, Andrew 41 Baptist preacher; Lucinda 36; Kizza 15; John 9; Isaac 7; Maria 4; Lydia 1.

Does anyone know who were Lucinda Carpenter's parents?

Laura
per page

Find a board about a specific topic