Search for content in message boards

Loyd/Lloyd of Bedford County, TN

Loyd/Lloyd of Bedford County, TN

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Loyd/Lloyd
Looking for info on John B. Loyd living in Bedford County, TN. He was born in 1839 and married Paralee Arnold in 1865.
John B. is the farthest back I can find. Would like to find parents, siblings, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Loyd/Lloyd of Bedford County, TN

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: loyd
My loyds were in Bedford, TN before they moved to Missouri. The Loyds in Bedford at that time came from North Carolina around 1810-1820. My GGGGGrandfather was Howell Loyd and I believe his father may be Nicholas Loyd??. There were two others I believe to be Howells' brothers, Joseph b. abt 1795, and John b. abt 1806. All were born in North Carolina, Granville caounty. John Loyd did have a son, John that was born in TN abt 1836. This Johns mother was named Alice.

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 4:13AM GMT
Thanks for your reply.

This gives me a trail to follow. According to the 1880 census, John B.'s father was born in Tennessee and his mother was born in North Carolina. Tennessee used to be part of North Carolina and became a state in 1796 and so maybe there is a mistake on his dad's place of birth. I'm not aware of any of the Loyd's living in Missouri. All the family since John B. have lived in Tennessee.

Do you know if John B. had any siblings?

Thanks again for your help!

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 4:50AM GMT
The brother John that I mentioned moved to St Clair, MO and was on the 1850 Federal Census for that county with a son John born about the same time as yours. There were other siblings; Matilda and James. There was also another Loyd on the 1830 census named Leo, possible son of Nicholas also. As far as I can tell all the ones I have mentioned moved to MIssouri by the 1850's Censuses except for Joseph, he died in Bedford County around 1844. In which all his children also moved to MIssouri excpet for one daughter that went to Arkansas. Are you sure yours stayed in TN?

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 5:13AM GMT
It looks like there was on Loyd left after 1850 the name was Lucy Loyd, the mother of your John I am guessing. They showed up together on the 1860 census for Bedford County. Could have been married to Leo/Lee Loyd. Can not find any other records after 1840's. So far as I can tell the Loyds that I have mentioned in previous posts were the only ones to move to bedford.

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 5:34PM GMT
Yes, I'm sure they stayed in Bedford County. I'm not sure what county John B. was born in but I do know that he married Parallee Arnold in 1865 in Bedford County and the rest of the family has since resided in TN. Before this, I can't find anything definitive.

Thanks for your leads and replies!

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 6:54PM GMT
The Lucy Loyd you mentioned was widowed while expecting her 3rd. & last child(John A. Loyd. Her children were William Jefferson, Martha Jane Loyd Walters & John Alexander( which for many years was thought to be John L.) Martha & John married in Bedford Co,TN. then moved to Texas. Took me many years to locate them. I decend from William J. & Rhoda Shelton Loyd( Both are buried in Shelbyville.Bedford Co,TN) They were my G-G Grandparents. For a time there was also another William Loyd in Bedford Co,TN. He moved I think to Green Co. not sure. I also printed off a photo of a Lidia Bell Loyd Garner with Husband & In-laws from Foulkner Co. Arkansa not related but thought I'd mention. Hope this in some small way can help. Jackie A. Loyd Boyd

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 8:18PM GMT
Thanks for your reply.

I can't seem to find any connections for John B. Loyd. There were several Loyd lines in Bedford County, TN but not sure where mine fits in. William Jefferson and Rhoda Shelton seemed to be researched pretty well.

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 4:02PM GMT
I thought this may be of some use. 1850 United States Federal Census
about Nicholas Loyd
Name: Nicholas Loyd
Estimated birth year: abt 1820
Birth Place: Tennessee
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 101, Wayne, Missouri
Family Number: 202
Household Members: Name Age
Nicholas Loyd 30
Betsy Loyd 24
Frankey Loyd 10
John Loyd 7
Houston Loyd 5
Joseph Loyd 1
As for William & Rhoda Shelton Loyd. We only in the last few months learnt the name of the Father to William, Martha & John. As a letter owned by Martha Jane Loyd Walters was found. Shows, we just never know what can turn up. Good Luck

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 4:09PM GMT
This was posted below, yet I wanted to be sure you got it: Hope it can help. It is from Census Records. 1850 United States Federal Census
about Nicholas Loyd
Name: Nicholas Loyd
Estimated birth year: abt 1820
Birth Place: Tennessee
Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 101, Wayne, Missouri
Family Number: 202
Household Members: Name Age
Nicholas Loyd 30
Betsy Loyd 24
Frankey Loyd 10
John Loyd 7
Houston Loyd 5