Search for content in message boards

Schmidt/Zeiher-Germany to Ohio

Schmidt/Zeiher-Germany to Ohio

John Smith (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 5:17PM GMT
Looking for ancestors of Andreas Schmidt (1830-1900) and Marie Zeiher (1840-?) Both from Baden, Germany, emigrated to USA and lived in Ohio. Know of life in Ohio, would like to know about their parents and family in Germany. thanks,
John

Schmidts from Ohio

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 6:58PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2001 1:51AM GMT
My grandfather`s family was from Ohio, had been told that they were wealthy. His name was Charles, but maybe that wasn`t his correct name. He married Martha Ann Valette. They lived in Nebraska. He may have gone by the name of Smith. Does any of this click??
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 8:52PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 3:31AM GMT
i have schmidt's from ohio, a couple of them left here to go to iowa dont know where they went from there. i think it was adam that left.contact me at haglerfarms@ohiohill.com

Re: Schmidt/Zeiher-Germany to Ohio

becky rittenhouse (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2002 2:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm hoping that maybe we have the same individuals. I have the obit for Christian Zeiher, who died in Meigs Co OH 15 Jul 1890. The obit mentions three sisters - Mrs. Peter Ebersbach (Emma b abt 1855 Baden), Mrs Louis Gottfried (Johanna b abt 1845 Baden) and a "Mrs. Smith". I was unable to find a Mrs Smith in the 1880 Census for Meigs Co OH who was b in Baden, so I thought maybe it was the anglized version of Schmidt. Then I found your Schmidt - Zeiher query....

Think we might have a connection? (cat is helping me type ...)

Becky Rittenhouse
per page

Find a board about a specific topic