Search for content in message boards

Hamtramck, Mi

Hamtramck, Mi

Posted: 6 Jun 2003 3:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jun 2004 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler, Pelletier, Barrett
I.m looking for my Grandmother [Ruth Pelletier]. My fathers born name is [Edward Pelletier]. He lived with his mother until he was 6 years old in Hamtramck near 12 mile road. Was in 1923 so he lived with her until 1929. For some reason he was adopted by Jake [or Jacob} and Anna Cutler, his name then changed to Lee Marvin Cutler. Ruth continued to live in Mich. right in the same area. He seen he again In 1941 just before wwII right in that area, with a lady name Viola. Doesn't remember wether or not related.

Also would like to find out anything about a Andrew Barrett or Barnnett he would of been a judge or sheriff in the late twentys early thirty's..If some one could tell me how to look up pasted Judges or Sheriffs in that area i'd do it myself.

thank you
sharon

Re: Hamtramck, Mi

Posted: 7 Jun 2003 8:36AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2006 7:19PM GMT
You may be in the wrong county. If they lived near 12 mile road, that would not be Hamtramck. That would be Oakland or Macomb County, depending on how far east or west.

If you are certain that they lived in Hamtramck, try emailing the librarian at the Hamtramck library and see if they can point you in the right direction to find the judges and sheriffs.

Here's the link to their library:

http://www.hamtramck.us/Hamt%20Library.htm

Here's the Hamtramck Historical Commission website.

http://hamtramckhistory.org/

Hope this helps.

If not, email me a reminder and when I get caught up, if you still haven't found them, I will try to help you.

Right now I am swamped, but can try later.

renee@pconline.com

Renee

Posted: 8 Jun 2003 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler , Poulet, Teachout,
Dad said he lived there between 1923 and 1929 his name was Lee Marvin Teachout. He only remembers 12 mile road. Talk to him yesterday and he did say it was a long ways away. He did not go to High School. Only Grade School.

He was adopted by the Cutlers and then his named changed. Anna Cutler maiden name was Poulet and was from
Canada.

He worked for her brother at Poulet Plumming at 16.

and Andrew C Bairad (not Barrett) was a relitive that was a Sheriff in Detroit and later a Judge.

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 3:07AM GMT
I'll check the 1920 census to see where he lived as soon as I free up some time. Hopefully that will be in the next few days. Please remind me because I am very busy and I will forget the things from the boards. I put emails that I plan to lookup in an email folder so I have it to refer to.

Email me at renee@pconline.com and give me all the information that you have posted in your messages and tell me what information you would like to end up finding.

Renee

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Baird,
Is this the man you are talking about?

From the Political Graveyard.

Baird, Andrew C. of Detroit, Wayne County, Mich. Democrat. Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1936. Burial location unknown.

From History of the St. Andrew's Society of Detroit: 1849 to 2000
By Fred Dunbar Wessells

Unemployment Compensation Commissioner; Andrew C. Baird (member
2209, initiated May 5, 1941), Wayne County Sheriff;......

The committee roster for the 104th Games held on August 20, 1953, reads like a history of Detroit and the
Society. Some of the more notable persons included: Allan Farnham (field secretary), Wallace Temple
(legal counsel), Judge David C. Vokes (announcer), Sheriff Andrew C. Baird (grounds marshal),

Here's the link. He is towards the bottom of the document. You can find him by clicking on the binoculars and typing baird then click find or ok, whatever the button says.

http://www.highlandgames.com/history.pdf

You can find many more like this by going to www.google.com and typing in Judge Andrew C. Baird michigan, then when most of your links aren't really him, take away Judge and then put quotes around "Andrew C. Baird" michigan, then "Baird, Andrew C.", etc....until you have found all you can. That's all I did.

When I have more time, I will check the online resources from my library to check for biographies on him.

Renee

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2004 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Baird
Yeppers thats the Man Andrew C. Baird. I read what you wrote to my dad on the phone and he said thats him. He also said Jacob used to call him Cousin. But he never knew if he was or not. He was very glad I found him and said thank you for your help.
I thank you, too .
Now I'll go see if I can find a connection to all this.
Sharri

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 7:15PM GMT
Great! I always like it when I have helped. That took me less than 5 minutes to find too.

If you need any more help while trying to connect them, email me at renee@pconline.com and I will do what I can. If they are 5 minute searches, I can do them just about anytime.

Renee

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 6:58AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: BAIRD
Found an article today on Andrew C. Baird while doing obit lookups so I printed it out. There is a picture of him too.

I am going to try to attach it to this message, but I don't know how well that works here and if there is a size limit because I have never done it before.

Unfortunately, I forgot to write the date and page number, but because of the date of November 3rd on another article on this page, I think this was from an obit I found in the Detroit News on Thursday, November 4, 1948 pg. 66. This article, I believe was on the page before, so if I remember correctly, it would be on page 65.

Renee
Attachments:

sharri cutler (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2003 2:05PM GMT
opps got it thank you.. thats kind of neat about old Andrew. like i said he was either a close relitive or a good friend of Jake Cutler, dad said. he doesn't remember. other then Jake and Andrew were always together.
sharri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic