Search for content in message boards

JACOB JONTRY 1840 census

JACOB JONTRY 1840 census

DottieV (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2002 5:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JONTRY
Jacob Jontry is listed as living in Howell Township, NJ in the 1840 census. He is also listed in the registry of the general store for Howell Works (now Allaire).

I would like to find out if he worked for the works during the 1830's, and if so in what capacity. I would also like to know if he lived on the property, as well as information on where he went after 1840. He is not listed on the 1850 census.

The 1840 census indicates he was between the age of 50 and 60 and there was a female in the house between the same age range. There were also 4 males under the age of 15 and 2 females under the age of 20 in the home.

If Jacob passed while living in Howell, where is he buried. If he moved, where did he move.

Thank you in advance, please feel free to email me directly.

Re: JACOB JONTRY 1840 census

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Dec 2002 1:47AM GMT
I believe this person is John Jacob Jontry, brother of John Alexander Jontry, and probably the brother of Charles Jontry. The family name was originally Tschantre, originating in Switzerland.
The present day descendents are not related to the Jontry family still residing in New Jersey, but I do know who they are and where that family extends, at least to some degree.
There are a lot of Tschantre's in the US, and us Jontry's are making somewhat of a comeback.
Please RSVP when you have time. I know a lot more but have a stack of questions. Will usually answer e-mail within a couple days if I am not work traveling.

Michael J. Jontry
3210 Fields Court
Decatur, IL 62521
S53748@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions