Search for content in message boards

Old Guinn photos - TN/GA

Old Guinn photos - TN/GA

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 2:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GUINN
I have some tin types that I believe to be Guinns. However, none of them have names. My line comes from George Washington Guinn/Benton, TN to Pickens County, GA.

If anyone thinks they can help identify, I will be glad to share.

Re: Old Guinn photos - TN/GA

Posted: 6 Jul 2004 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Guinn, Husbands, James, Frazier
I also have some photo's of Guinn family members. I believe they are of Charles Guinn and his wife Elizabeth Husbands. I am trying to document the lineage of Elizabeth's parents of Bibb Co, AL.

Does this match with your line? I can email you my photo to compare.

Carolyn Griffin Tucker (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2004 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: GUINN, GRIFFIN, CRENSHAW, WILLIAMS, & WADE
Tell me abt. your Chas. Guinn. I have one that showed up in AL and then I lost him.

Posted: 7 Dec 2004 4:39AM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2005 1:04AM GMT
I think my Guinns passed thru GA at one time. They mostly came from NC/TN/AL.

This Charles Guinn, do you have dates for him?? Champion Guinn indentured his mulatto son 1791 to Richard Calloway and I wondered if this was him.

Thank you,
Kathy

Posted: 7 Dec 2004 4:42AM GMT
Hi,
I noticed your surnames listed were Williams, Guinns. Are you looking for Champion Guinn who md Dorcas Williams in 1787 in Burke/Wilkes NC or Washington Co., TN. The same place I think just boundary changes maybe.

Charles was his son b. 1787 and indentured to Richard Calloway about 1791 for 18 years. I think Champion followed Richard around though. They were in Franklin Co., TN later.
Champ was in 1820 Lincoln Co., TN. then to Franklin.

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 3:56AM GMT
My Williams/Guinns are not connected. My WILLIAMS ancestor was Isaac WILLIAMS, b. 1788 in SC, migrated to AL/TN around 1830 and d. 1859 in Fayette Cty, TN.
My GUINN ancestor was Chas GUINN that married Mary before 1815 and had 3 children by her:
Lucinda b. 1815
Belinda Elizabeth b. 1816
William C. b. abt. 1820
Chas dropped out of the picture around 1820 as Mary married Isaac J. BLANTON in AL on 21, Dec, 1821.
I am trying to prove or disprove that my Chas. was the one indentured to Richard Calloway and son of Champion GUINN.

Any help would be appreciated.
Carolyn

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 10:50PM GMT
I'll bet your Williams and my Guinns are kin. Almost all my family has William in their name. Wm. Johnny, Wm. Leonard, Wm. Michael, and William Kane. That is 4 generations I know of. one before them was James William Guinn.

I noticed in my notes that Richard Calloway was 1816 in Ashe Co., NC. Maybe that will help some, probably not much.

Champion is in Lincoln Co 1820 and Jackson Co 1830 I think. I know he was in Franklin Co. at one time.

Another Guinn Williams connection:
Granville Courthouse 8/1792 at Oxford N.C.
Elizabeth and Elias Gwyn bound to Nathaniel Williams until of age.
Charles was listed as mulatto, probably was melungeon.
Do any of your kin have darker skin?

If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 10:58PM GMT
Another post.
Downtown, Hamilton Co. I found
Militia Records NC
Richard Calloway
Resol. passed Dec 27, 1816 placed Calloway of Ashe Co., on the pension list at rate of $75 per anum for life. No details in file.

This Richard may have had a connection to one you're looking for.

Posted: 29 Dec 2004 12:04AM GMT
Hey it's me again. I typed in "Richard Calloway", 1800, Ashe Co., NC and found some info. I read some and it seems like your Guinns/and Williams might be kin. There is a lot about Richard, he did move to Wilkes Co., NC where Champion Guinn was. Some of the them moved to SC so tell me what you think.

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 7:43PM GMT
Are you related to Chris Blanton who is doing research on the Guinn's?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic