Search for content in message boards

Looking for birth parents of Mary "Daisy" AUER born 16 October 1881

Looking for birth parents of Mary "Daisy" AUER born 16 October 1881

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: AUER, OGDEN, WEIZENECKER
My Great Great Grandmother Mary "Daisy" OGDEN (nee AUER) was adopted by Andrew AUER and Elizabeth AUER (nee WEIZENECEKER) in St.Louis MO. I have been unable to find any record of the adoption, and I believe it was not a legal adoption because Elizabeth died intestate and the estate went to their natural born son Reno AUER. Daisy took him to court over it and it was determied that she didn't have any rights to the estate because she wasn't legally considered their child. If anyone can point me in the right direction of where to look for record of Daisy's birth parents, please let me know.

Re: Looking for birth parents of Mary "Daisy" AUER born 16 October 1881

Posted: 25 Mar 2010 8:53AM GMT
have you considered that one of the Baker females listed as servants in the 1880 census in the AUER household could be the bio mother
1880: Saint Louis, Saint Louis, Missouri
Mollie Baker 19 abt 1861
Nellie Baker 16 abt 1864

I would think that if they went to court and there was any paper work as to her birth and placement, legal or foster, in the Auer home she would have produced it. If nothing else but to prove intent. However since Reno was an attorney she probably never had a chance. Given that I doubt there will be anyway to prove who the her mother was.

you give her dob as Oct 1881 and the 1900 census lists May 1882...
BOTH/EITHER SSDI AND CENSUS COULD HAVE IT WRONG

btw death certificate of Joseph Ogden
Joseph Ogden September 27, 1936 St. Louis City St. Louis City Certificate #36189 SPOUSE: DAISY OGDEN

btw the name is spelled ODGEN IN THIS CENSUS
Name: Joseph Odgen
Home in 1930: St Louis, St Louis (Independent City), Missouri
Estimated birth year: abt 1868
Birthplace: Missouri
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Daisy
Race: White
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Odgen 62
Daisy Odgen 49
Joseph Odgen 15
Charles Odgen 9

I am not related

Regards,

Connie

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 7:29PM GMT
You may find this link interesting.
Check the news stories carefully. Daughter of Rich Parents find she is Servant's Child

But perhaps you already have this?

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn84026749/1912-10-24...

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 3:30AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2013 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Auer Ogden
My Great-Grandmother was Daisy Ogden (nee Auer). My paternal grandmother was her child. I grew up knowing Daisy "Granky". She died at age 88 here in St. Louis. My Grandmother, Elizabeth (named after Elizabeth Auer??) told me that Daisy had gone to court over the Estate and that her brother was named Reno. I don't think my grandmother knew Daisy was being adopted. We always got half a story. I would love to communicate with this part of my family but I know nothing of Daisy's birth. Did you find out anything? Christine

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 4:45AM GMT
My mom and I met your grandmother years ago, and her brother Charlie too. She didn't really give us much to go on as far as Daisy's past, and I didn't start looking for more information until a few years ago. I've found out quite a bit about Daisy and her family since I originally posted, and I'd be happy to share. Do you happen to know anything about her husband Joseph? I haven't been able to find much information about him.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic