Search for content in message boards

Prosper Family

Prosper Family

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on the Prosper family. The head of the family was named Valcor Prosper(1859)-he lived in Lafourche and died in New Orleans in 1928. He was married to Rosa Prosper, they had three children(Eugenia Prosper-Gabriel 1892, Stella Prosper 1896, Rodney Prosper 1898)-Rosa died in Lafourche, all the children were born in LaFourche. Stella Prosper died in LaFourche at the Abby Plantation-age 23. The son Rodney 1898-1983 died in New Orleans married Ethel Davis(My line of family)and Olivia Prosper. He had two children with Ethel (Felton Prosper Sr and Bernice Prosper)Felton Prosper Sr married Florence Mitchell-Prosper and they had four children(Martin Prosper, Ethel Prosper-Tero, Cynthia Prosper-Doughty and Felton Prosper Jr)I have found all of these people in the census going back to the 1870 census/think I read an article about Felton Prosper Jr living and being relocated/returning back to New Orleans after Katrina. I would like to know more about the family. Any information would be helpful.

Re: Prosper Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Found Rodney Prosper in the WW1Draft registration. It indicates his date of birth as November 7, 1899. Lists full name as Rodney Empress Prosper and shows Valcour as his closest relative.

Somewhat blurred so can't read everything. Says he was short and of medium build. Laborer at Plantation but can't make out the name. Definitely not Abby, maybe Lupas or Tepas or something similar. Race is black.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic