Search for content in message boards

Charles D Hunter Family

Charles D Hunter Family

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 8:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Miller
I am looking for more information on Charles DuBois HUNTER, my great-great grandfather. He was born 15 Jun 1829
in Orange Co., NY and died 27 Dec 1904 in Royalton, Morrison, Minnesota. He married Abigail Miller. I don't have any information about his parents of where they came from. Thanks for any help with this.

Re: Charles D Hunter Family

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
Hello,

Charles is my great-great-great grandfather (Charles' son John had a son Asa, who had a son Roland, whose son Michael is my father) and I have been searching for information on him as well. I recently contacted the Orange County Historical Society but they have no birth records before the 1880s.

Do you happen to know what religion Charles practiced? If so that may give me a start on which churches I can begin researching.

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 5:13PM GMT
Asa's Brother James is my great-grandfather. That makes us some sort of cousins I think. I have found much more information since posting - I will invite you to me tree so you can see what I have and we can compare notes if you'd like. I'm not sure what religion, but likely to be Methodist or Lutheran I'm guessing. I visited the cemeteries this last year, so I have pictures of the markers.

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 8:40PM GMT
Hi,
I guess we're first cousins once removed. Charles is my great great gandfather. My Mom is Clara Elaine, Roland's sister.
I have a couple of pension documents that say Charles and Abigail were married by Rev. John Page but they don't name a church.
It's possible that Charles father was James H. Hunter based on some census data. In 1830 James H. had a male child in his household in Orange Co. NY who was in the 0-5 years age group. Charles would have been 1 in 1830.

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 9:32PM GMT
Your cousin Mike Hunter is my dad! I think we may have met once or twice when I was little.

Were you able to find the census here on ancestry.com? It feels like I've scoured and can't find anything solid.

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 9:20PM GMT
I'm sure I did find it on Ancestry - years ago in the 1830 census. I don't have a copy. I have copies of a few things you may be interested in if you don't already have them, such as a picture of Charles Hunter and Alonzo Sawdy, a picture of John and Louella Hunter and their entire family just after WWI, etc. I'm not currently subscribed to Ancestry and can't seem to get your email address, so I'll give you mine - It's dmaddaus@centurytel.net

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 3:11AM GMT
Father was Joel DuBois Hunter, mother was Frances Henrietta Hunter. He married Abigail Miller in 1849, in Harmony, NY.

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
The only Joel D Hunter I find was born in 1819, which would make him about 10 when Charles (1829-1904) was born; this doesn't match up. Is there maybe another Joel D I can't see here on the web site?

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 8:27PM GMT
Charles Hunter's father was John Hunter and mother was Elizabeth Brown

Posted: 7 Dec 2012 12:06AM GMT
Thanks, yes I had the wrong Charles DuBois Hunter. Charles DuBois Hunter, the son of Joel DuBois Hunter & Frances Henrietta Hunter, died young.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic