Search for content in message boards

Fords: Massachusetts

Fords: Massachusetts

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ford
Hi, I am a Ford in Massachusetts. I was wondering if anybody here is from MA or lives in MA. Reply to this with information and I will write you back.

P. Ford

Re: Fords: Massachusetts

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 4:05AM GMT
My maternal grandmother was Mary Ellen Ford from Cambridge.

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 6:53PM GMT
Good Afternoon:

My name is Barbara , One of my paternal great grandfather's was a Ford from Massachusetts. His family was from the Bridgewater/Plymouth, MA area . But because my grandmother was put up for adoption, its the little bits and pieces I have been going on.. The brother's were Alonzo, Benjamin and Leroy Ford.. My grandmother was living in the house until the official adoption in 1922 (she was born in 1916) the woman was my great grandfather's 2nd cousin, and my grandmother would be adopted by their daughter.. Its soo frustrating especially when my two aunts know whom he is and won't tell. especially to my dad, who is their brother.. But I am not giving up.. I was able to find my mother's grandfather with little help..and I know I will find whom he is...

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: FORD, HANSBORO/HANSBURY, CARROLL
Hello: My FORDS IN MA began with Nicholas Ford, b. 1827, who emigrated from Ireland (we think Offaly/Kings) around 1840-45. His father's name was James.

Nicholas lived in Westchester, NY, then married Bridget Hansbury (sp?) in GREENFIELD, MA in 1846. Bridget also emigrated from Ireland, probably Sligo. They returned to Westchester, then moved to Kinderhook, NY.

Nicholas and Bridget finally settled in PITTSFIELD, MA around 1855. Their children were Margaret, Mary Ann, Nicholas, James, Jennie, Catherine. I can give you the married names of the girls if that will help.

Nicholas' son Nicholas married Ellen Carroll in SPRINGFIELD, MA, where the Carrolls lived. Ellen and Nicholas' children were Agnes, Ellen, Mabel, Joseph (my grandfather), Christine, Anna, Grace, Mary Isabelle, John, and Charles. They then moved back to Nicholas' home town of PITTSFIELD, MA.

If any of this is related to your search, my email is jowyn@concast.net. I would be thrilled if it is because my Fords have been my brick wall--not so much in the US, but back in "the auld country."

Cheers,
Jude
per page

Find a board about a specific topic