John Henry Porter and Rachel (Rowden) Porter

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Porter, Green
This post was deleted by the author on 5 Oct 2012 10:23PM GMT

Re: John Henry Porter and Rachel (Rowden) Porter

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 4:35PM GMT
I am not sure if this is the same family but my great gpa was James (Jim) Porter, son of John and Rachel and my grandma was Mabel Porter(Franklin) daughter of James and Delia. James had a sister named Willie. My grandpa franklin (Mabel's widower) is who told me about Aunt Willie being his sister (he is currently 92. My family originated from Tennessee/ Arkansas area and resided in oklahoma. Any information we can share would be great.

Thanks

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 10:25PM GMT
Hello I am Clarice Willis(daughter of Clara Green)daughter of Kittie Porter(sister of James, Willie, susie, Lizzie, Chonie, and Hannah(emma porter(McCullough). We have not been able to verify what happen to John or Rachel (Rowden Porter). We recently went to Eufaula, OK to Evergreen Cemetary because someone had posted of FINDAGRAVE a Rachel Porter with no DOB/DOD. We are just stumped. We did however come in contact with some porters whose mother's name is Rachel Porter (86 years old)recently moved to Eufaula from CA.

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 9:47PM GMT
I too have been searching for death information. I have also attempted to contact the BIA with no luck. I am continueing to research and will ask my great aunt/uncle if they know any information. They currently reside in mcalister ok / KC MO/ and also have land in Hartshorne ok. Any updates I will let you konw.

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: Porter
From what I am finding, Rachel died in Arkansas (last known address) John then relocated to Oklahoma with the kids and also lived with my ggpa James at one point.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: porter/rowden
hello, I just re-read your post. Was your ggpa James a porter as well; and if so when was he born?

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 8:02AM GMT
I put my updated email. He was born around 1880. My grandmother was Mable Lee Porter (Franklin) I also had an aunt Jean (their sister) that just passed away. There are now only two living siblings for my grandmother.

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 8:05AM GMT
I believe he may have been born closer to 1890 because John and Rachel were married in 1885 not 100% on that tho

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 7:39PM GMT
I have a picture of Mabel and Jean that Dorothy sent to me. Also are you saying your gg grandpa James(Mabel's husband known as Jim Porter is related to John Porter how? This is been a question whether Jim Porter and James Porter was 2 different people, John Porter's son or John Porter's brother or neither? This has been such a mystery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions