Search for content in message boards

Amos Powell

Amos Powell

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 4:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell Van Winkle Abner
I am trying to find out where Amos Powell and his father Manuel Cleveland are buried. Amos was born in Estill county Kentucky in 1833 and died in Jackson County Kentucky in Jan 1880. He was married to Hester Ann Van Winkle. His father was Manuel Cleveland Powell. He died in Jackson County in 1876. He was married to Malinda Abner (1815 - ?). If anyone has any info it would be greatly apprecited.

Re: Amos Powell

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 6:08AM GMT
hi sorry i don't know where they are buried but amos and hester are my ancestors too, so i just wanted to say hello to you, my new family member :-)

Re: Amos Powell

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Powell
I may have accidentally send a partial e-mail, but just in case, here is a new one. I am likely your first cousin once removed David Powell and my guess is that you are Steven or perhaps his child. My dad Fred A. Powell and I started doing research on the Powells of Jackson and Estill Counties back in the 70's and continued sporadically until his death in 1985. Since that time, I have revisited the stuff with more or less intensity from time to time. We visited the site of Lovely Powell's grave near his homestead on the South Fork of Station Camp Creek. In fact, I have been there three times but only once to the grave. I have drunk water from the spring that nurtured him. I may have some information you can use. Probably best to contact me at davidrpowell@bellsouth.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic