Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Gregory, Beauvais
Thanks for the information Michelle!

Tina
Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2003 9:14PM GMT
Send a message to Jennifer Warsen regarding the Gregory family on either the Franklin or Clinton County query boards. She has a lot of Gregory information and may be able to help you.

Alphonsine Gregory of St. Antoine-Abbe

Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gregory, Beauvais, Gagne, Gonyea
I am desperately seeking information about my gr-grandparents Austin and Alphonsine (Gregory?) Beauvais. Alphonsine was born in St. Antoine-Abbe in January, 1865, the daughter of Joseph and Mary (Gonyea) Gregory. She may have had brothers, John, Gilbert, and Ralph. Also 2 sisters whose names I do not have, but who were married to Ephraim Beauvais and John LaBuff. Alphonsine's marriage to Austin Beauvais was around 1882. The couple re-located to Malone, NY around 1883 and moved permanently to Worcester, MA in 1889. Any and all information would be most welcome. Thanks!

Joseph Beauvais

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2003 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Beauvais, Boyer, Asselin, Pleau, Lavigne, Lussier, Rochefort, LaRose, Joliceour, Tessier, Boudreau, Beaudet
My ggggreat grandfather was Joseph Beauvais married to Marie Ann Boyer 7 FEB 1842 in St. Regis, Huntington Co. Quebec. He was born ca 1820. We have no other information on him. But if he was in St. Regis at the time your Beauvais's were in Malone, I feel there must be a connection. Please, anyone, help! This has been a brick wall for all of us. Could he have been a Metis? Does anyone have insight to the Indian records? Thank you.

MaryAnn

Joseph Beauvais

Posted: 14 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Beauvais, Gregory, Gonyea, Lamakie
While I am not sure of any connections before 1860, at the time of your Joseph Beauvais I would be looking for an Albert Beauvais married to an Amslie Lamakie. I do not have dates, but these were the parents of my great-grandfather Austin (Augustin) Beauvais. There is a belief of a Mohawk connection with my great-grandmother Alphonsine, but I have no information. It seems as if there are many brick walls with the Beauvais connection to the Malone area. Perhaps we have some names in common. If I can be of help somehow, let me know. I'm very willing to share what little I have on this line.
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: BEAUVAIS, BOVA, LAMICA, LAMITIE, BELAIR, BLAIR, RIVETTE, YANDO, RIENDEAU, ROBIDOUX, STACY
Hi saw your posting on Beauvais and Lamikie.. have you tried the other ways of spellings.. such as Bova and Lamica and Lamitie.. I have Sophia Bova (Beauvais) married to William Rivette.. from the Trout River area and also have lots of Lamicas and Lamitie all from the Malone area and the Trout River , Huntingdon areas

Pleau & Beauvais

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2003 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: PLEAU, LAVIGNE, ASSELIN, BEAUVAIS, BOYER
My connection from PLEAU to BEAUVAIS is through marriage. My ggggrandmother was Zoe Beauvais m. John Asselin, their daughter Mary Ashlaw aka Asselin m. Joseph LaVigne. Their daughter Elizabeth m. George Pleau, my grandfather. For more info on any of these lines, please feel free to email me at root4me2@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Pleau
I am interested to know the connection between the Pleau and the Beauvais.

Re: Joseph Beauvais

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 9:30PM GMT
Check the marriages, or births in Sault-St-Louis, and Caughnawaga, La Prairie, Quebec. There are a lot of Beauvais there with their European names and Indian names also.

Re: Joseph Beauvais

Tina E. Morin (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 12:40PM GMT
Thank you for the advice, Kathleen! Would you know if these records are available on-line? I continue to search for the birthplace of my ggrandparents and gggrandparents. All of my records up to this point only say "Canada". Canada's a pretty big place!

At the moment, I am searching for an Albert Beauvais (Bova) born in Canada and at the time of the New York State Census of 1875 was living in Malone, NY with wife Rola (Aurelie Lamitie) and several children. One of the children was my ggrandfather, Austin (Augustin) Beauvais (Bova) who was 16 at the time of the census. I am also searching for my ggrandmother, Alphonsine (either Gagnier, or Gregoire).

Thanks again for your help!

Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions