Search for content in message boards

Robert Benjamin Greer

Robert Benjamin Greer

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 11:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Robert Benjamin Greer, born in Onslow County, NC on Feb. 7, 1899..married to an Ella Ward from Wilmington and they were living in Wilmington when 1940 census was taken. If any one is working on Greer Families of Onslow county, please contact me. Ella is deceased and the one living relative is 92 yrs. old and no help remembering when Robert disappeared from their lives.

Re: Robert Benjamin Greer

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 3:28AM GMT
If his birth date was 7 Feb. 1899 on the WW II draft registration form, why wouldn't he have appeared on the WW I draft card registration? WW I was from 1917-1919 right?

I found a Robert Benjamin Greer or Robert B. Greer in USN but it does not tell where he was from or when he entered USN.

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: Greer
I am hoping you could possibly tell me a bit more about the Greers of onslow county. My great grandmother Mildred Elizabeth Greer Murray (we all called her E) was the daughter of Lee Jackson Greer of Wilmington, NC. Lee is the twin brother of Jackson Greer of Whiteville, NC. His father was Benjamin greer (born 1820) of Half Moon, NC. But that is as far as I can get. I cannot find much more about Benjamin Greer. I'm not even sure this is the same line, but I am hoping it is. Thank you in advance for any info!

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 10:41AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 10:45AM GMT
I wished I had more on this man that was married to my Aunt and they lived in Wilmington. NC in the 1940's. I pulled a copy of his draft registration form off Ancestry.com and there's only one other person that could possibly tell us more and she's 92 years old and in nursing home and I've tried to get her to try to remember something about him but honestly I don't think she really knew much about him herself. The next time I go to Wilmington, NC, I plan to go to the courthouse and see if I can find a divorce degree. Maybe they never got a divorce because she was listed as a widow on her death certificate by her daughter. I never saw him because I was not even born when they were together. It took me 30 years to find out about her own Father. Found him buried over at Arlington Cem. in Virginia.Wished my Father or his other sister were alive because they would be able to remember something that would help us. Have some pictures of the Aunt mentioned with some man but nobody left in the family knows who he was..as no names on pictures.

Posted: 7 Dec 2013 12:54AM GMT
Don't think it is the same family. Robert Benjamin Greer's parents were Joseph B. Greer and Elizabeht "Lizzie" Huffman from the Richlands area of Onslow county. I have found names of his other siblings and death/burials all but 3 or 4..They were a large family. Sorry I can't help you more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions